Delisted #25: Alex Morgan - Signed with North Melbourne as a DFA - 1/11/17 - delisted again - 25/10/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't be available for selection for another 6 weeks, taking him out of training to do a big block of strength work on his legs

Not as a result of an injury though thank god

Won't be available for selection for another 6 weeks, taking him out of training to do a big block of strength work on his legs

Not as a result of an injury though thank god
Smart thing to do, we've seen how players with such explosive traits have been hindered by their hamstrings. Good to see we're looking towards the future.

Massive kudos to the rehab/conditioning guys for this and for the football department for allowing it. Massive pressure for football players to play football, even when they aren't 100% fit (though this has changed somewhat in the past decade).

For them to pull a bloke, who is not injured, for such a lengthy period, to get his conditioning right is huge. I haven't heard of that ever happening before. So glad to see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it beyond the realm of possibility that he has actually done his hammy and EFC is just adding mayo in the form of a strengthening program?
The old Winderlich is 2 weeks away yet doesn't play for 3 seasons comes to mind..

right in the feels bro
giphy.gif

Is it beyond the realm of possibility that he has actually done his hammy and EFC is just adding mayo in the form of a strengthening program?
The old Winderlich is 2 weeks away yet doesn't play for 3 seasons comes to mind..
Now that you mention it..........This ******* club!!

Our club actually used forward thinking?

I have forgotten what this feels like, to actually be impressed with something the club has done.

This is the year for being cautious if necessary, we really don't need to be pushing any player that has a weakness and risk of re-injury.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility, but they said he had a bit of hamstring tightness and was back doing a 6km run the next day. They also had vision of him hopping around and stuff in the video, which looked like some of the strengthening stuff they were talking about. So they could messing us around, but if they are they've gone to a lot of effort to get their story straight and their video up to snuff.

Massive kudos to the rehab/conditioning guys for this and for the football department for allowing it. Massive pressure for football players to play football, even when they aren't 100% fit (though this has changed somewhat in the past decade).

For them to pull a bloke, who is not injured, for such a lengthy period, to get his conditioning right is huge. I haven't heard of that ever happening before. So glad to see it.

It's more common than you think.

Our club actually used forward thinking?

I have forgotten what this feels like, to actually be impressed with something the club has done.
I know, it's pretty good.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility, but they said he had a bit of hamstring tightness and was back doing a 6km run the next day. They also had vision of him hopping around and stuff in the video, which looked like some of the strengthening stuff they were talking about. So they could messing us around, but if they are they've gone to a lot of effort to get their story straight and their video up to snuff.

Not a physio but I guess it is possible that the injury is only a risk when he puts it under a lot of stress like when sprinting.

More likely story is that he cut off his leg with Brent Harvey's chainsaw on the weekend, and they are hoping it will grow back before having to report it to the supporter base.

Not a physio but I guess it is possible that the injury is only a risk when he puts it under a lot of stress like when sprinting.
Yeah I think so... I think they mentioned 'tightness' or some such minor injury terminology. But that's not quite the same as 'done a hammy' with 6 weeks on the sidelines all the while telling us he's "just on an alternate program".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back