Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

North vice-captain Robbie Tarrant was a late withdrawal from Saturday's game with a hamstring injury, but Scott expected him to be fit for North's game against Carlton at Blundstone Arena next Saturday night.

"It's not severe. The sports science team are saying it's not even really a strain, but there's a neural component to it, which presents a lot of risk," he said.

"If he's not clean, we weren't prepared to risk a month, four-to-six-week hamstring. He was very, very close. We gave him right up until the last minute and then brought Majak (Daw) in.

"The feedback to me has been we'd be very, very surprised if he was unavailable next week, but I'm loath to say it because we get it wrong half the time."

Has conceded 0-1 in 2018.

Honestly, I do not know what more Tarrant can do to be recognised as an elite KPD. The average footy fan wouldn't know who he is.

Has conceded 0-1 in 2018.
Wonder how many Hurley is on....oh thats right he doesnt have any direct opponent and when he does man up it doesnt count to his tally according to the scum as per last year when Brown towelled him up.

From sen

Frawley was also full of praise for key-defender Robbie Tarrant.

“He has been a hair's breadth away from the last two All-Australian teams,” he said.

“He’s my love-child at the moment.”

The Roos’ vice-captain has become one of the league’s most reliable key-defenders in recent seasons, winning the Syd Barker Medal in 2016.

“He is a colossus down there, he is fantastic,” former teammate Nick Dal Santo said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, I do not know what more Tarrant can do to be recognised as an elite KPD. The average footy fan wouldn't know who he is.
Leave us.

Honestly a bigger club would likely pay through the nose and he'd instantly be the best thing since sliced bread.

That's how he'd get the recognition he deserves.

I in no way advocate this course of action though

That kick down the guts in the last quarter was ****ing outrageous.

Best in the comp.

I hit the roof. After all the ******* work he'd done he had the audacity to ping a ******* dart up the guts with the game on the proverbial knifes edge. And he ******* smoked it

What a hero

Best defender in the comp

Barely puts a foot wrong, massive start to the year.
He plays as solid as his rig looks.

I don't think he's quite as 'flashy' as last year, but I put that down to how we've been playing in the back half with the trio of bigs. Flashyness aside, he's just a good footballer. Very very competent at everything with more than occasional flashes of genuine brilliance. So damned reliable. I really hope that the fact he missed so much football means he has the hunger and longevity to keep powering on for years to come.

I think he is better than Rance because he always gets the oppositions number one forward.
Certainly better then Rance this year. Solid as a rock down there. He locks down the oppositions best forward, takes a whole heap of marks and then sets up a attacking thrust. Can't ask for much more for a defender.

Was unlucky not to get AA in 2016, he's on track to get a spot in 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back