Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully Robbie can clock up 150 games.

Remarkable effort with 5 shoulder reconstructions.

Everyone loves and admires Robbie - he and Thommo have held us together down back for many years now - but 4 years for a KPD about to turn 29? Not sure we have our learnt our Goldie lesson just yet.

Everyone loves and admires Robbie - he and Thommo have held us together down back for many years now - but 4 years for a KPD about to turn 29? Not sure we have our learnt our Goldie lesson just yet.
It's three years and I reckon 32 is a pretty standard age for a good quality KPP to retire.

It's three years and I reckon 32 is a pretty standard age for a good quality KPP to retire.

Hasn't put too many games into the body either so in theory a decent chance to run out his career well (obviously barring major injury). He's not exactly been slowing down from what I can see.

3 years for a once injury prone gun approaching the twilight.

Perfect.

No more of this 4 year bullshit thanks. Ta.

Just a quality, quality bloke from every report I have ever had on him, and a humble man going from the couple of brief interactions I have had with him.

A hard bastard too.

His transformation from that player who stepped onto the field in Adelaide with the entire cutlery draw sticking out of him to what he is now is nothing short of remarkable.

That was just the most depressing s**t. You watched him at the open training that Thursday night and the bloke could hardly run, did one third of the training then they had full ground movement and he was just on the sides doing twenty metre lead ups at 20%

Worst part of having the sub rule then was everyone knew when you were on the pine for the rest of the evening just to rub salt into the wound

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember defending this guy when every boy and his dog was hammering him from left, right and centre on Facebook years ago.

What a general he is in that back line. Hurley isn't half the player he is, nor does he take the best opponents that Tarrant does.

Today we saw our backline where Tas didnt need to cover for players and that the midfield didnt allow for such easy ball in, and it allowed him to play his full and proper game. And I hope it continues when Thompson retires and we can rely on McKay, Ed VW, Sammy Wright and co so Tas can play his game and we see the best of him.

The passage of play early in the 3rd quarter where he spoiled a Carlisle kick towards CHF and he straightaway receives it, hits up JZ lace out which continues for a goal to Brown.

He knows that he can change the direction of the game. He is the definition of a KPD. I would take him gladly over any defender.

He went from being a decoy forward to becoming arguably the most important player on our list.

Gun. Elite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back