Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Last edited by a moderator:
The AFL’s current process seems to be heavily weighted towards the ‘outcome’ rather than the ‘act’.

Tbh , Chad’s elbow to Pittonet’s head last week did not look great, and I thought he’d cop a week for sure. But Pittonet being a big brute of a man hardly flinched and continued on as if nothing happened. Now if that was say a young lightly built player who got concussed and hospitalised by the same ‘act’, we could’ve well seen Chad on the sidelines for weeks!

So the process shouldn’t be influenced by an arbitrary (or unlucky) ‘outcome’, it should be based on the ‘act’… in which case Parker may not even have been suspended at all … and yes, Chad could’ve been suspended? 🤷‍♂️
Don't mind Pittonet - an honest toiler who held his own despite the big defeat. TDK was near useless despite the size of him. Dodged a bullet there.
Chad's elbow was much more slidey than a direct hit.

I think Parker's appeal has come almost at the perfect time after Blicavs did basically the exact same incident without causing excessive injury and got 1 game. Probably the best time for him to get it reduced to 4 games and 1 already served

Don't mind Pittonet - an honest toiler who held his own despite the big defeat. TDK was near useless despite the size of him. Dodged a bullet there.
Chad's elbow was much more slidey than a direct hit.
Don’t disagree KC, my point is that “if” the player copping Chad’s elbow ended up in hospital, then poor Chad would’ve got suspended

I think Parker's appeal has come almost at the perfect time after Blicavs did basically the exact same incident without causing excessive injury and got 1 game. Probably the best time for him to get it reduced to 4 games and 1 already served
Yes, identical action - different result.

Fox sports giving live updates - David Zita, seems to have not in for Parks. “Will come to regret that decision’ he says for not appearing in person

Fox sports giving live updates - David Zita, seems to have not in for Parks. “Will come to regret that decision’ he says for not appearing in person

Parker isn't there ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically:

Swans arguing too much weight put on outcome to Josh Smith rather than action itself and that constitutes an error of law / sanction manifestly excessive

VFL says no error was made, the Tribunal completely within its rights to make the finding it did.

Basically:

Swans arguing too much weight put on outcome to Josh Smith rather than action itself and that constitutes an error of law / sanction manifestly excessive

VFL says no error was made, the Tribunal completely within its rights to make the finding it did.
Zita said last week the appeal was not based on a rule of law, but on the only other option - a manifestly excessive sentence.

This is getting confused.

Agreed….”they’re not changin’ their ways pardner…for some big-noting outsider”…

I mean, you can almost hear them.
Cmon - the VFL and AFL are independent organisations with no affiliation or bias of any sort. So take off your tinfoil hat and believe in the precious and beautiful notion we call democracy

You’ve completely misread my point.

The VFL are indeed a law unto themselves - and they see themselves as the only law intown.

Hence my parody to a wild west court case.
Sorry no sarcasm font on my note. Thanks got it now - JackHiscoxWasSlow. Imagine the melts if they overturn it

Sorry no sarcasm font on my note. Thanks got it now - JackHiscoxWasSlow. Imagine the melts if they overturn it

hypothetically if they overturned it (which they won't) does he get something for missing a game ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back