Past #26: Taylor Hine - officially delisted by North Melbourne (31/10/14)

Remove this Banner Ad

kingcarey18

Team Captain
Sep 29, 2006
australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
la lakers
http://Apparently we are offering a 2nd rounder for him. I've never heard of him. Is he good? What position? will he get a game in our 1s next year?

Apparently we are offering a 2nd rounder for him. I've never heard of him. Is he good? What position? will he get a game in our 1s next year?
Young fella, hard nosed capable of lockdown roles in defence and midfield.

Brewis has had a hard-on for him for a long time.

Competitive and a good one-on-one defender, Hine had a strong NEAFL season and managed one senior game against West Coast in round 11. i dont think id like to use pick 38 on a guy that could only get 1 game for gc id rather go the draft

Competitive and a good one-on-one defender, Hine had a strong NEAFL season and managed one senior game against West Coast in round 11. i dont think id like to use pick 38 on a guy that could only get 1 game for gc id rather go the draft

Nah you are looking at 2011.

Taylor Hine played 8 games this year statistically played a good game against the Swans and then wasn't dropped from the side.
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg-gold-coast-suns--taylor-hine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would he be an upgrade on Cruize?

If so, good get.

Sign sign sign.

Would anybody entertain an earlier pick for Hine + Toy?
If we are to get an earlier pick it would be 33 for Pedo (maybe) which we would look to give to Port for Jacobs. Otherwise all we have is 15, and that is for ze draft.

A Doc came on Locked and Loaded radio last week to say that Toy's heart condition meant that he could not get it above 100bpm which means his career is over. Quayle then reported that this was not the case. Where the truth lies would determine his value.

If we take Home for 38 does that mean we drop out of Jacobs race?
Depends if Melbourne trade for Pedo and what they offer us. If they get 33 for Martin from Brissy and pass that onto us for Pedo then we still may get him.

Depends if Melbourne trade for Pedo and what they offer us. If they get 33 for Martin from Brissy and pass that onto us for Pedo then we still may get him.

I'm thinking this is the likely scenario.

I would prefer Hine over Jacobs if we had to pick.

Martin to Brissy for 33, 33 to North for Pedo, 33 to Port for Jacobs.

38 to the GC for Hine.

Sign sign sign.

Would anybody entertain an earlier pick for Hine + Toy?

15 should give us a good look at someone of real quality. We could probably trade that for a player plus a few picks 'GC wont even use' like their 2nd and 3rd rounders. We could get a kid and a few stabs lower down but that would cost us a chance of a look at a top 15 kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back