Delisted #27: Jason Laycock - Computer says no

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Laycock

Apart from having stints up forward with Hille, I believe this will be the perfect opportunity for Laycock to have an influence on the game; especially coming off a decent second halg against the blues last week.

We really need him to present well and control his marks; if he does that he should kick a few considering he gets the ball delivered to him well up forward.

Re: 27. Jason Laycock

Tried hard. Not up to it though. Trade bait at end of season if other clubs show interest.

If Laycock goes, that involves a Ryder move into the ruck.

Are we really in a position to do this?

Then again, I wouldn't mind seeing Jay Neagle trialled in Paddy's 2007 role, that's if he can get himself fit.

I'm becoming more and more infuriated with this clumsy goof each week. I just find his on field performance so damn disappointing. I hope to god we are already developing another young ruck so we can use him as trade bait at seasons end. I think he'd fit in well at richmond.

I'm becoming more and more infuriated with this clumsy goof each week. I just find his on field performance so damn disappointing. I hope to god we are already developing another young ruck so we can use him as trade bait at seasons end. I think he'd fit in well at richmond.

Going on Bendigo reports, Bellchambers is looking the goods so far. Early days though. Might need a couple more developing years.

ottens was an all-australian at richmond, hardly a fair comparison

He was??!! When?

2001 - Moreso for his efforts up forward (46 goals for the season; 15 possessions and 13 hit outs per match). Was named in the forward pocket alongside Lloydy. One of the main reasons they made the Prelim that year..... I remember both Ottens (4.0) & Richo (5.0) were unstoppable in Round 22 when they beat us (tanking?!?!)...... then Sheeds changed the match-ups for the final the following week and they only kicked 2 between them (and we won by 70) :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really frustrated me when Ryder had the ball in our defensive 50 with nowhere to go and being forced to go for the hospital handpass which ended in a Sydney goal and the seeing laycock just walking around in the background. The bloke just doesn't want it enough. You would have thought being dropped would have woken him up.

may as well bring in bellchambers. surely he couldn't do any worse.

Laycock : - Is something wrong with him

G'day fellas,

I watched Laycock against us last year & he killed us, and he was good
in the last 6 or 7 games last year.

Read in the HUN a couple of weeks ago he was fit had confidence & was ready to fire.

Whats gone wrong? Is he carrying an injury?

It's time he used his body once in a while.

The guy weighs a 100kg, but he's still afraid to put his body behind the ball. There were multiple occasions on the weekend when he just stuck out an arm rather than actually putting in any physical presence.

He's playing low percentage, weak football and unless he's willing to lift his workrate and actually have a crack, he may as well go home.

People were so enthusiastic earlier in this thread -- it's an interesting read when you see how most people were talking about Jason taking over from Hille as first ruck, stepping up, break out year, fitter then ever... then gradually it changes back to this.

I think we need to give him more of a chance before we crucify him -- he's become one of the scapegoats. I know, it's frustrating, we've been enticed with some really good work from him in the past and it seems like a world away now. But let's put this into perspective.

He's played 49 games. He's had injuries for most of him career up till now. Generally at his age, he would have many more games under his belt. Ruckman are one of the slowest positions to develop. He's not the worst ruckman in the comp.

The problems he's having this year are not unfixable -- workrate can be improved. Sure, the club, coach, etc need to put the hard line on him which I'm sure they'll do.

People were so enthusiastic earlier in this thread -- it's an interesting read when you see how most people were talking about Jason taking over from Hille as first ruck, stepping up, break out year, fitter then ever... then gradually it changes back to this.

I think we need to give him more of a chance before we crucify him -- he's become one of the scapegoats. I know, it's frustrating, we've been enticed with some really good work from him in the past and it seems like a world away now. But let's put this into perspective.

He's played 49 games. He's had injuries for most of him career up till now. Generally at his age, he would have many more games under his belt. Ruckman are one of the slowest positions to develop. He's not the worst ruckman in the comp.

The problems he's having this year are not unfixable -- workrate can be improved. Sure, the club, coach, etc need to put the hard line on him which I'm sure they'll do.

Agree.

We have to stick with him and give him a few more years... unless we can trade him and get a Warnock. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back