AFL Player #27: Mason Redman šŸ•

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn't a sling so it shouldn't be an automatic week. I actually thought Bont jumped a little which made it look worse.

The impact is where you challenge. Lore your a bit more knowledgeable than me, if it was low that downgrades it to a fine correct?

I'd be challenging straight away. We will need him in form and playing the next two weeks to do what we need to do.
0676325C-6F97-4DC2-886C-3205F48EEF2C.jpeg

Amongst a very long list of things wrong with this is the fact that he has no real other recourse here apart from not tackle him. Bont being far too big and strong for him caused this

It is clear that with this along with the continue holding the ball confusion that the AFL wants to eliminate tackling from the game.

Idk why he included the Selwood comparison, probably making some sort of point about the MRO/Tribunal lately.

Challenge for low impact seems to be the consensus šŸ‘
Pinned the arm so Bont couldn't protect himself, head bounced into the turf. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Pretty clear cut dangerous tackle under the letter of the law. Impact makes no sense.

Sorry for intrusion people but i came across the redman video while watching the starcevich bump from the lions. The redman decision is a joke and you have to appeal. MRO Michael Christian has lost the plot and needs to vacate his position immediately. He has no idea what he is doing anymore. On the one hand he is making the dumbest decisions you could imagine or on the other hand he has his favourites and looks after them.

Chris Johnson summed it up perfectly:

'I'm not too sure what Redman is supposed to do there'

In one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL can shoulder some responsibility if Bont was hurt, should have paid holding the ball quicker. Can clearly see him fake the hand off so there's prior.

******* around is human, finding out is divine.

Pinned the arm so Bont couldn't protect himself, head bounced into the turf. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Pretty clear cut dangerous tackle under the letter of the law. Impact makes no sense.

Yep, this is it. It's not at all surprising to me that Redmond was cited, I pointed out in the GD thread that if Bont had been concussed it would have been a slam dunk suspension, but the medium impact is difficult to understand assuming Bont has not suffered any delayed concussion (as well as no heavy sling action). Christian has obviously been knocked back a fair bit at the tribunal this year so you challenge it and see what happens. The comparison to make is with Buddy, not Selwood. Buddy got hit with medium impact when the MRP historically has under punished elbows and he got it moved back down to low and that usual level. That would be the tactic for Essendon to take as well. Low impact and fined is the appropriate punishment.

Idk why he included the Selwood comparison, probably making some sort of point about the MRO/Tribunal lately.

Challenge for low impact seems to be the consensus šŸ‘
I think the comparison is if they are suspending the action not the outcome with redman, how come selwood doesnā€™t get suspended on the action not the outcome.

The rule he's been pinged under for anyone interested:

The Player being tackled is in a vulnerable position (e.g. arm(s) pinned)
with little opportunity to protect himself;

Yep, this is it. It's not at all surprising to me that Redmond was cited, I pointed out in the GD thread that if Bont had been concussed it would have been a slam dunk suspension, but the medium impact is difficult to understand assuming Bont has not suffered any delayed concussion (as well as no heavy sling action). Christian has obviously been knocked back a fair bit at the tribunal this year so you challenge it and see what happens. The comparison to make is with Buddy, not Selwood. Buddy got hit with medium impact when the MRP historically has under punished elbows and he got it moved back down to low and that usual level. That would be the tactic for Essendon to take as well. Low impact and fined is the appropriate punishment.

I don't mind the suspension if we have this rubbed out all year.
We havnt so it's so odd to cop this now late in the year.

The issue of course is this happens every year. Some rogue late decisions that seem to go against the established way things had operated most of the year.

If there was a concussion, sure rub him out.
If there had been this act suspended all year, sure rub him out.

Neither of those appears to be the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back