AFL Player #27: Mason Redman 🐕

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think all of the criticism being leveled at the "play the kids" comments is justified.

If Polkinghorne is going to do 2/10 of jack s**t I'd just as soon have Redman, Long and Eades do it because they are the future and the exposure will help their development.
It may hinder their development though.

It may hinder their development though.

How does it hinder?

That's three names for 1 position rotate them through the position.

They play the role in the VFL. We're not looking at them to play midfield in the AFL. It would just be the translation of their VFL performances into the AFL. Small forward is one of the position that it consistently works.

Francis kicks a bomb from the kick in, lace out to Goddard, turns, shrugs has a bounce kicks long, Redman running toward goal, lets it bounce, gets a good bounce, colors are magnetising .... Composes.... GOAL. THE MATCHSTICKS HAVE DONE IT!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We haven't had a genuine opportunist forward in a while and he looks to be that. Only had 7 touches but 4 of them lead to scoring shots for him or others.

We haven't had a genuine opportunist forward in a while and he looks to be that. Only had 7 touches but 4 of them lead to scoring shots for him or others.
will be such a hard match-up for the opposition once he gains a bit of size

That miss near the end was a shocker.

But I'd keep playing him- as Ambrosia said he seems to understand what he's doing, and he's got that intangible- something.

That miss near the end was a shocker.

But I'd keep playing him- as Ambrosia said he seems to understand what he's doing, and he's got that intangible- something.
Big big bigtime nerves I think having that shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back