AFL Player #27: Mason Redman 🐕

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still concerned that he can't even crack it for one game in three seasons.
He's had a few injuries so far.

I think he's building nicely this year considering the positional change.

Next year is obviously going to be critical but if he can get ten games under his belt next year in the seniors then that will be a win. The biggest concern I have is what is his ideal position.

Do we expect to see this fella playing a few more games next year with Kelly retiering and the possibility of McGrath spending more time in the middle?

Do we expect to see this fella playing a few more games next year with Kelly retiering and the possibility of McGrath spending more time in the middle?
Certainly hope so, but equally I want him to spend more time in the midfield too haha

I expect him to play round 1 in 2018.

Readymade like for like replacement for Kelly, if he's fit i'd like to see them rationalise him not playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the issue with him is he seems to have quite a lot of quiet days where he's pretty invisible. I think he's a pretty good ball user and has good size, reasonable pace etc. He's a bit like Langford - the question is can he stamp himself on a game?

Time is in his favour but I'm not sure I see him coming straight into the seniors next year. I would be betting on Ridley or Francis ahead of him down back.

what was his good work if it wasn't with ball in hand ?. couldn't see that from the couch. thought he looks a lot more self assured now, nearly took grab of the day for mine, had a fair bit of it

He was defensively sound, did a lot of unrewarded running but just munged a couple of important kicks that I expect him to make on another day.

Thought he was very good v. Bullys.

Comfortable that's he's AFL standard but think to get a game he has to be able to defend quality smalls. If he can do that, he should have a spot next year given Kelly's retirement and McGrath seemingly destined for the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back