Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news about Willy yet

I wasn't surprised about the 11 delistings to date.
I wasn't surprised to hear Polec, Brown and Higgins were on the table
I wouldn't be surprised to see Turner, Garner and EVW delisted.

I would be staggered if we delisted Will

If we are going down the Youth/re-building path then surely has to get another go?

His 2018 VFL season was very good and his few AFL games late 2018 were promising before the injuries hit.

There may be questions on his desire to go when it's his turn.

I think Kingy singled him out on that against Bris ferbs but I personally thought it was an unfair comment on the kid. In that game, I thought it was more of an L Plate error more than anything else. Personally, I'd give him a chance to show what he's got.

Just my take :)

I think Kingy singled him out on that against Bris ferbs but I personally thought it was an unfair comment on the kid. In that game, I thought it was more of an L Plate error more than anything else. Personally, I'd give him a chance to show what he's got.

Just my take :)

Not only that he went about 10 minutes later

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This guy has shown glimpses of his potential in the handful of games just needs a clean run without injuries.

We haven’t scratched the surface with him yet, i’ll be gutted if we don’t re-sign him.

Really? Never seen it myself, and haven't even heard a whisper that it's a knock on him.
I noticed him do it enough that I began to think it might be an issue. At least twice in one game. He stepped right off his line at one point.

It happens. Provided he learns and chooses to not do it again then I think it is probably okay. SLF reckons he saw Stevo do it once early in his career.

But if WW doesn't get another contract I reckon that might be a part of the reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be livid if we didn’t keep him... I think we will along with the other unsigned players. We have already cut 11, plus 2 likely trades.
He has shown enough in his very limited games so far... looks to be a point of difference.
I think/hope he can make a smart, neat, goalkicking winger in the mould of Mitch Duncan

Anyone got any vision of when Will supposedly squibbed it?

More disgraceful crap that can't be backed up and would never get stated in person.

You would need to get a replay of the Bris game.

It was Kingy that singled him out but I recall that when I saw the replay of what kingy was talking about I thought it was harsh on an L plater.
I always like to see the vision from more than one angle before those claims are made & from memory there wasn’t a replay from a different angle.

Sometimes the TV angle is decieving and Kingy’s was calling off a screen in Melbourne. Benefit of doubt unless there is a replay from head on

More disgraceful crap that can't be backed up and would never get stated in person.

Kingy's comments are on the Foxtel coverage of us vrs Bris for all to listen to, I don't have a replay. Take it or leave it that's what he said, I personally don't agree with his special comment. If possible, perhaps have a look at the game and give your thoughts.

Warning, you need to sit through a game where L Neale got three votes :)

Kingy's comments are on the Foxtel coverage of us vrs Bris for all to listen to, I don't have a replay. Take it or leave it that's what he said, I personally don't agree with his special comment. If possible, perhaps have a look at the game and give your thoughts.

Warning, you need to sit through a game where L Neale got three votes :)

I recall it being mentioned, and it was discussed here at the time. I just can’t recall the incident. I do remember him getting cleaned up at one point and I thought he had a shirt full of broken ribs.

No he actually did. I recall it was on the wing towards the left hand side of the screen. I watched it but I immediately thought, this guy is honestly one of our best on ground at the moment. He is playing his first game since injury - if anyone judges him on that after the way he played. They're being ridiculous. And behold, he got called out on that, but no mention of how good he played in that game

I recall it being mentioned, and it was discussed here at the time. I just can’t recall the incident. I do remember him getting cleaned up at one point and I thought he had a shirt full of broken ribs.

Sorry P, I honestly can't recall that bit and i wasn't active on BF during that period.

As an aside, I'm a bit appalled on how he was managed this day, it was far too much game time for a kid that hadn't played much footy and to me it's not surprising he ended up with a muscle fatigue type injury.

14 minute mark of the 2nd quarter.

Walker is chasing a loose ball in to defence.

1603021798402.png

The Brisbane bloke comes at him and Durdin is behind

1603021856779.png

Walker attempts to paddle the ball to Durdin as he knows he will be tackled, and so Durdin can run on to it.

1603021949195.png

The ball stays low and dribbles away from him

1603022162762.png

That's a harsh call. There would be 30 instances of that in every match, and as he had just been in about 5 plays in the 5 previous minutes, and it was his 2nd match of the season, then I would be prepared to write that off as fatigue. It's nothing.

I noticed him do it enough that I began to think it might be an issue. At least twice in one game. He stepped right off his line at one point.

It happens. Provided he learns and chooses to not do it again then I think it is probably okay. SLF reckons he saw Stevo do it once early in his career.

But if WW doesn't get another contract I reckon that might be a part of the reason.
I saw Carey do it once. We have to be careful about balancing ruthlessness and throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back