Player Watch #27: Will Walker - returned to Alter-G running (17July) - progressing from PCL/tibia injuries

Event Horizon

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Victory
if we had won the first game of the season, would have posted all this? or are you just emotional....

also since when did WW have surgery until now?
I have noticed all those things a while ago. It’s not overnight. And the result on the weekend was not merely a round 1 loss.

Regarding WW, he obviously should have had surgery. It’s a PCL injury that shouldn’t take 12 months to recover from.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Event Horizon

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Victory
Internal definitions of success for the club have changed a lot in the past 10-15 years - making grand finals and winning them is simply not one of them anymore.

The club will say they have been uniquely successful recently

1. the AFL(w) side introduced itself to the comp and acquitted itself well

2. we now have 4 games in Hobart to give our partners a 'more fuller season to enjoy'

3. we have own reserves side

4. we now have lights and changerooms at Arden St

5. our coach represents us well in the media

This is where the club is at now - and it will be that way until a renewed ruthlessness and singular focus to achieve our 5th flag is brought into the club.

The current personnel are not equipped and are not interested in doing this - they are too busy with these other important matters.

We need a fresh group of off field people (Board, CEO and coach) and we need them quickly if we think we can compete for our 5th flag anytime soon.
Spot on.

the flying ham

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have noticed all those things a while ago. It’s not overnight. And the result on the weekend was not merely a round 1 loss.

Regarding WW, he obviously should have had surgery. It’s a PCL injury that shouldn’t take 12 months to recover from.

Obviously? I think you are reaching here. It's sport, sometimes people get injured.

images.jpeg-1.jpeg

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

the flying ham

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's how those injuries are managed we're talking about here. Waiting 6 months only to decide on surgery, isn't great.
Maybe because doctors decided it may heal naturally. If only these amateurs read Bigfooty, our injury management 'crisis' would be solved pronto

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

yea but if you had actually posted about it then you never would've needed to post it ina WW thread...if north had one you never would've come out of the woodwork to dig the boots in.

they chose the non-invasive route which is best, obviously it didn't go to plan, s**t happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shermanator

Get Luke Jackson NMFC
Mar 23, 2001
Inside Ben Brown’s hair
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pacers, Chelsea, Scorchers
Is there some law of the universe that declares that any kid who plays for North Melbourne and shows a bit straight away must be doomed with a series of injuries?
Someone please bubble wrap the s**t out of Bailey Scott.. Pronto!!

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Windy Hill Safe Injecting Room
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Depressed fracture. I don't recall that being in the original diagnosis....

I'd like to thank our Kremlin overlords for releasing this small snippet of information in line with their 'keep us in the dark' policy.
I like that you think the lack of communications is actually a strategic directive.

On reflection that's probably the most reassuring way to look at it.

Top Bottom