Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for a look back. Originally i said 2017 would be the year he would begin to emerge so whats peoples thoughts so far?

Personally i think Kayne's improvement has come a long way this year. Sure a bit of a downer this week, but the three games prior we were really starting to see something.

Career highs in disposals, marks and tackles so far this year and is starting to show some consistency week to week.

Still a little way to go, if he can become a constant 15-20 touch player with 5 tackles and a goal a game, he will be doing very well.

Could he push a little further he will right up there with the best.

One of my shinning lights so far in 2017.
Love him to bits.

Goes hard like an Exocet missile.

Never gives up and always up for a scrap.

Did I say, I love him to bits?

Love him to bits.

Goes hard like an Exocet missile.

Never gives up and always up for a scrap.

Did I say, I love him to bits?

There are a few times when that's the exact words I've thought of or used to describe him to others.

The Exocet.

More bad news regarding injury. According to the AFL web site, Kayne did a PCL against the Saints, and will miss six weeks.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-22/young-roo-kayne-turner-out-for-up-to-six-weeks

NORTH Melbourne small forward Kayne Turner will be sidelined for up to six weeks with a knee injury.

Turner's injury is a blow for the Roos given the 21-year-old has been one of their most-improved players this season.

North confirmed on Thursday afternoon Turner had suffered a posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) injury during the round 13 loss to St Kilda and was expected to be sidelined for 3-6 weeks.

After playing just two games in a 2016 season blotched by injury and a club-imposed four-game suspension, Turner had entrenched himself in North's forward line over the first half of the season.

Playing the Kangaroos' first 12 games, Turner was the Roos' second-highest goalscorer with 15, behind key big man Ben Brown on 29. Turner had been held goalless in just two games, round nine against Melbourne and round 11 against Richmond.

Turner's defensive pressure was also excellent as he averaged 4.1 tackles a game (ranked fifth at North), while he averaged 3.3 inside 50s (sixth) and was fourth at the Roos for goal assists (six) and marks inside 50 (12).

More By Nick Bowen

Aaaaaand again...
113d7d3910cee8e4a19651e22947615b.gif
His last 2 outings were a little quiet but this guy has been my favourite player this year.
You just know he's going to try his heart out. I love seeing the opposition sh*t themselves and rush their disposals when sugar is piss bolting at them.

Rest up son!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bloke and Tarrant are vital to our side winning any game this year. I expect to lose the next 6 weeks without him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back