Delisted #28: Mitch Brown - Retired - 20/9/22

Remove this Banner Ad

This makes no sense. Don’t like it at all. Must be supremely confident James Stewart is going to be ready to go Round 1

Satisfied with this. Glad the club has the guts to move on a C Grader in the hope of developing others into B Grade or better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was serviceable, but he can't take an overhead mark or play as a KPF. Made a game out of being a hard running medium forward. Was the right call.

Disagree. He’s our best kick for goal out of the key forwards and was our best link up player. Played well in several games when in reality he should be playing as a roaming half forward rather than KPF. He also could play back if required which would’ve been handy considering Hurley and hookers ageing bodies.

We’ll now definitely draft KPP instead of midfielders.

Disagree. He’s our best kick for goal out of the key forwards and was our best link up player. Played well in several games when in reality he should be playing as a roaming half forward rather than KPF. He also could play back if required which would’ve been handy considering Hurley and hookers ageing bodies.

The Hurley who is all of 2 months older than Brown?

Stewart does not replace him. Daniher replaces him.

Our optimal forward line is

Smack and Daniher crashing packs.

Tippa, Fantasia and Smith adding pressure and class.

Stringer adding X-Factor.
Either/or for mine. Daniher is touch and go to be right for round 1 as well. Brown is the perfect depth player, cheap, versatile and you always knew what you were getting with him. I wouldn’t have been opposed to giving him 2 years. This makes no sense at all

I'm thinking one of two things:

1. He's been offered 2 years elsewhere and we're making it easier for him

2. We're committed to Hooker forward.

He played some good football. His biggest problem was his body holding up. If they got Jenkins, I can understand his contract not being renewed. Any chance they are looking at Henderson as a replacement?

Mitch's delisting opens up the ability to now use 3 ND picks. Im thinking/hoping for 2 mids and a KPF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back