Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe reading way too much into it, but on 360 after his speech, Boomer spoke glowingly of the pride he takes on being a one-club player despite getting opportunities to play elsewhere. As club runner, and a mentor to younger players, was he speaking indirectly to anyone else???

Maybe reading way too much into it, but on 360 after his speech, Boomer spoke glowingly of the pride he takes on being a one-club player despite getting opportunities to play elsewhere. As club runner, and a mentor to younger players, was he speaking indirectly to anyone else???

Pav also spoke about it (loyalty and why he stayed)

Last edited:

I very much doubt it. Simply speaking from the heart.

An absolute icon and champion or our game and our club.

Onya Boomer!

No s**t, I’d have given him a spot over Turner.
Spot on maybe we can VFL list him and a miracle can happen we have a stand alone VFL game with no AFL you could play him especially if it’s at Arden Street and promote it heavily big time and get a crowd operate a food and drink vans but 2 things would stop it.
1:The AFL won’t give the NMFC a free kick in doing this
And 2 our so called Fair Whether/Token Gesture supporters who wouldn’t support it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An hour wait, unbelievable! In that scenario I can’t understand why they don’t let you know so someone puts you in a car and gets you to the hospital ASAP

Seems the light's & sirens weren't requested, which is what they ask you when you call.

Anyway, down you go *** ( BOOOOOO....)

I don't think I miss a player more than Boomer when we're running forward inside 50.

The anticipation, his opponent shitting himself and Boomer getting on the end of a loose ball to put us in front after a 3rd quarter blitz. I miss that. There was a pretty convincing reason to go watch North and this bloke was the main reason.

* it, rookie him next season Clarko and keep him forward at the feet of Comben.

I don't think I miss a player more than Boomer when we're running forward inside 50.

The anticipation, his opponent shitting himself and Boomer getting on the end of a loose ball to put us in front after a 3rd quarter blitz. I miss that. There was a pretty convincing reason to go watch North and this bloke was the main reason.

* it, rookie him next season Clarko and keep him forward at the feet of Comben.
With one leg snapped in half right now he'd probably still give better forward entries than the majority of our players.

In disbelief still today that we'd delist a player who in that season averaged 20 touches and a goal and we were yet to permanently park in the forward line ... 36 goals in his final season, equal career best
Yes a disgrace could have played over 450+ games but remember Scott was very overrated and was protected by his golfing partner -Wonder Women who in many ways saved this club but did some things that I rather forget.
I just wished this club could have used it in its VFL program as we have players that are AFL listed can’t even get a kick in the VFL as I believe Harvey would still do ok as a forward pocket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back