VFL 2nd Semi Final - Sandringham vs Collingwood at North Port Oval (Pies lost 97-104) :-(

Remove this Banner Ad

Strong side, as strong as it could be really with Reid held back.

Not sure about Moore in the backline. They must either really want Ash Close to play or they're trying to play some cat and mouse mindgames with Sandy as to possible matchups.

Just waiting on the Sandringham side now. Word on the street is, Patrick McCartin is injured and won't play, which would be a huge plus for us. Mind you, they rely on their smalls to kick their goals and they have a few of them, so they could stretch us for small defenders as well...

Last edited:
Strong side, as strong as it could be really with Reid held back.

Not sure about Moore in the backline. They must either really want Ash Close to play or they're trying to play some ducks and drakes with Sandy as to possible matchups.

Just waiting on the Sandringham side now. Word on the street is, Patrick McCartin is injured and won't play, which would be a huge plus for us. Mind you, they rely on their smalls to kick their goals and they have a few of them, so they could stretch us for small defenders as well...

McCartin scared of Moore;)

I actually feel sorry for the VFL listed players who will miss out this week, play all year, reach the finals, then miss out. Ouch!
Maloney, Pendles, Taylor, Williams, Wallace...someone will miss out

Well we are Trying to Win and the AFL Players are Better.

VFL Boys would of know this was going to happen

Plain text version of their team...

Sandringham

B Noone Shenton Le Grice
HB Saunders Simpkin Murdoch
C McKenzie C. Jones Markworth
HF Siposs M.Brown Kreymborg
F Cook Dennis-Lane Saad
R Holmes Minchington Templeton
Int Hayes* Zijai Curren Shakallis Verma Ong Weickhardt Pierce Coates

Looks like their captain in Cockie has not made it back from his hamstring injury in time...

I don't think we have a dangerous small forward in the VFL, so it's a safe gambit...:drunk:

Help me with my math, that 13 AFL-listers for them by your count?
May be as high as 15, just going off last week's VFL record.

I actually feel sorry for the VFL listed players who will miss out this week, play all year, reach the finals, then miss out. Ouch!
Maloney, Pendles, Taylor, Williams, Wallace...someone will miss out

Won't be any of those you named.

May be as high as 15, just going off last week's VFL record.

Shenton, Saunders, Simpkin, Murdoch, McKenzie, Markworth, Siposs, Saad, Holmes, Minchington, Templeton, Curren and Pierce, by my eye, which makes 13.

Mind you, one could almost include Mitch Brown, Clinton Jones and Trent Dennis-Lane as recent AFL-listed players as well, so they have some more mature bodies to call on...

Left out Acres Hickey and Delaney for some unknown reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From last year's elim against Sandy.

IN: Marsh, Moore, Manteit, Seedsman, Scharenberg, Goodyear, Young, Armstrong, Macaffer, Witts, Still, Close, Cox, Dwyer, (Borthwick, Matheson, Pendlebury, Taylor, Maynard)

OUT: Yagmoor, Martin, Riddle, Greenhough, Lynch, Couch, Allen, Mckeown, Ferguson, Strachan, Cody, Howe, Gleeson, Suckling, Mooney

Players who played last year: Karnezis, Kennedy, Blair, Hellier, (Gray, Moloney, Williams, Wallace)

From last year's elim against Sandy.

IN: Marsh, Moore, Manteit, Seedsman, Scharenberg, Goodyear, Young, Armstrong, Macaffer, Witts, Still, Close, Cox, Dwyer, (Borthwick, Matheson, Pendlebury, Taylor, Maynard)

OUT: Yagmoor, Martin, Riddle, Greenhough, Lynch, Couch, Allen, Mckeown, Ferguson, Strachan, Cody, Howe, Gleeson, Suckling, Mooney

Players who played last year: Karnezis, Kennedy, Blair, Hellier, (Gray, Moloney, Williams, Wallace)

So Almost a Totally Different Side Then

I am looking forward to re-uniting with the "Longeron's" from last week :D

Sunny & 24 degrees on Sunday.........I know its "only" been two years but I really miss finals footy.

Very surprised Jack Blair is in the 18. Struggled last week, and would have thought Jake Williams and Cal Mattheson would be in front of him.
Great to see the big footy gang still have a Blair to hate on.....

C'mon Blair, stick it up them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back