VFL 2nd Semi Final - Sandringham vs Collingwood at North Port Oval (Pies lost 97-104) :-(

Remove this Banner Ad

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
When and Where:
11:40am this Sunday at the Port Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Broadcast:
TV - Channel 7 LIVE into Victoria from 11:30am.

Radio - Streamed live on Collingwood Radio via collingwoodfc.com.au at this portal and through the Collingwood FC smartphone app for iPhone and Android from 11:30am. Data usage and charges apply, including for Telstra customers.

Internet - LiveChat at collingwoodfc.com.au, full video replay available on Sunday evening/Monday. Score updates at Nick's Bulletin Board and on Twitter at @VFLPies

Getting There:
- Drive to the corner of Williamstown Road and Ingles Street, Port Melbourne. Parking immediately outside and around the ground along Williamstown Road, Ingles Street, Woodruff Street and Bertie Street.

- Take the Route 109 tram (Port Melbourne - Box Hill) to North Port light rail station. Short walk up Raglan Street to the ground.

- Take the Route 235 bus (City - Fisherman's Bend via Williamstown Road) to the Ingles St / Williamstown Road stop right outside the ground.

PTV Journey Planner

Admission:
- Adult: $15
- Concession/Pensioner: $10
- Children 12 & under: free

Team:
B: Marsh Moore Manteit
HB: Seedsman Scharenberg Goodyear
C: Young Karnezis Armstrong
HF: Macaffer Witts Kennedy
F: Blair Still Close
Foll: Cox Hellier Dwyer
Int: Borthwick* Gray Matheson Moloney Pendlebury Taylor Williams Maynard Wallace

Last Time They Met:
Round 12, 2015 at Victoria Park
Collingwood 11.12.78, def
Sandringham 10.8.68

Head to Head:
Played: 12
Sandringham: 8
Collingwood: 4

How They Fared Last Week:
Sandringham 11.11.77, def by
Williamstown 13.6.84

Collingwood 13.15.93, def
Werribee 9.10.64

Finals Eligibility:
- Because the Collingwood AFL team is no longer playing, the restrictions relating to the eligibility of AFL-listed players to play VFL finals now apply.

- To be eligible to play in the 2015 VFL finals series, an AFL-listed player must have played at least 1 VFL or AFL match during the season. However, if that player has played in an AFL match since July 1st 2015, then that player must have played a minimum of six VFL matches and must not have played more than 12 AFL matches during the season to remain eligible.

Eligible AFL Players:
Darcy Moore
Jonathan Marsh
Patrick Karnezis
Ben Kennedy
Sam Dwyer
Mason Cox
Matthew Scharenberg
Clinton Young
Brayden Maynard
Tony Armstrong
Michael Manteit
Matthew Goodyear
Brent Macaffer
Ben Reid
Jarrod Witts
Paul Seedsman

Over to you...

Last edited:
As the title says.

More of the usual jazz later...
Has anyone got directions to the other thread that has directions on how to get there?

I think Sandringham losing was ideal.

Going down to Williamstown to play a final would've been just about impossible to win.

At least now we have a chance.

I think Sandringham losing was ideal.

Going down to Williamstown to play a final would've been just about impossible to win.

At least now we have a chance.

Did not matter who we Played it would been at North Port

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why you say that? It is 2nd vs 6th

Agree but our final adder position without the player management would have been much higher than 6th. In total we dropped 3 games this season that we were in winning positions had the best available playing personal played all 4 quarters.

Usual stuff now online.

One of these days, I figure some of you lot will read it and discern something useful out of it. Alas, I am still trying...:drunk:

Back to you...

The Sandy VFL listers like Clint Jones, Mitch Brown and co are some of the best in league. And I imagine they get a heap of young Saints back for this week as well.

This will be a tough game to win, Sandy didn't finish 2nd on the ladder by fluke, they were the most in form team in the comp before they didn't turn up in the first half vs Willy on Sunday.

They then stormed home and only lost by 7 points.

Also the JJ Liston trophy is on tonight, hoping Patty K wins it so his trade value goes up.:drunk:

Good timeslot. Can go straight from here to MCG for Tigers v North

I was looking at one of the Sandringham threads I don't know how accurate it was but they have a lot of in this week as well not of the quality of moore and reid but players like goddard are pretty good player as well

Looking forward to this. Would be great for some of the young boys if we can get through to a prelim. Pretty talented side if we can go full strength with the boys available. Will get along to this and then head to the G for the Richmond v North EF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back