2nd Test Australia v Pakistan Dec 26--30 1000hrs @ the MCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There was the big four

There is the big three, Cummins, Rabada, Bumrah

Bumrah is spectacularly gifted and has basically done everything asked of him so far, needs a bit of longevity to go with it (only 31 tests so far) but his average is staggering. Interestingly has only been used at home 4 times - injury has played a role in that and his record to be fair to him has been excellent in the four tests he has played in India.

Rabada’s numbers are absolutely mind blowing - a strike rate for his career of 38. It’s pre-WWI stuff. Even allowing for the fact that he plays in South Africa it’s super human.
He needs big test in Asia though, he went fine in his only Sri Lankan series (25), mediocre in Pakistan (37) and poor (44) so far in India.

Cummins has been fairly faultless everywhere - more than respectable in India with 32, though his only series in Sri Lanka he was terrible. He hasn’t had much of a chance in Asia though in his defence

With respect to someone like Hazlewood, they’re a league above everyone else by a clear margin

You had us , Pakistan. Had the us really rattled in ways I hadn't seen in a long time. You let us go. Foot on the throat next time.

Credit to Cummins and Bison. Carey and Smith with crucial half-centuries each

2/90 odd for hazlewood for match is very unfair
His spell of 5-3-1/5 with the prime wicket of Babar from arguably the ball of the innings, prized open the door for our machine like skipper to knock it off its hinges. Surprisingly JH only bowled two further overs after that spell. To be precise his match figures were 2/77 with 12 maidens thrown in.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that first slipper wasn't shit Pakistan would have been chasing sub 200 here, another series, another blown opportunity for Pakistan.

For some reason I had thought the 05 Pakistan team that toured Aus was some sort of superteam lol went back and looked and hee accounted for them easy. So many names though and big game players.

They were fixing then though, same with the series few years later when Hauritz spun us to victory that was the most blatant fix I've seen.

For some reason I had thought the 05 Pakistan team that toured Aus was some sort of superteam lol went back and looked and hee accounted for them easy. So many names though and big game players.

The team they bought here two tours ago was quite strong, they batted genuinely down to 7 with Sarfraz at his peak when he was averaging around 40, Asad Shafique at 6 who I think I’m still correct in saying holds the record for centuries by a #6 batsman, Younis, Azhar Ali was opening, Misbah was at 5 I think, and Babar was early in his career and made his maiden ton I think. Their top 7 had 6 guys who averaged 40 for their career or for the majority of it. They should have won at least 1 test in that series if their bowling was a bit less flaky - they had Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz and Yasir Shah so not exactly hopeless

There were some huge names in that side - Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Yousuf, Younis Khan, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Asif, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Misbah-ul-Haq etc. A real shame they weren't firing when they came here.

The team they bought here two tours ago was quite strong, they batted genuinely down to 7 with Sarfraz at his peak when he was averaging around 40, Asad Shafique at 6 who I think I’m still correct in saying holds the record for centuries by a #6 batsman, Younis, Azhar Ali was opening, Misbah was at 5 I think, and Babar was early in his career and made his maiden ton I think. Their top 7 had 6 guys who averaged 40 for their career or for the majority of it. They should have won at least 1 test in that series if their bowling was a bit less flaky - they had Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz and Yasir Shah so not exactly hopeless
True, I had forgotten about that. I might look into those guys and see if they've all retired now. I wonder what Pakistan's academies and up and coming cricketers are like.

There were some huge names in that side - Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Yousuf, Younis Khan, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Asif, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Misbah-ul-Haq etc. A real shame they weren't firing when they came here.
Yep, salman butt, Mohammed sami, Danish kaneria. I feel like Alot of their better players go on to play 30 odd tests and then disappear.

Back