Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

Like him as a defensive forward.
I thought he was horrible for half a game, but really worked his way into it in the second half.

Unfortunately for Jed he might need to reinvent himself in that defensive forward role if these kids keep developing at this rate. Not sure he commands as much midfield time going forward, but handy to have a bull if you need to change it up.

Really happy he hit the scoreboard today. Would have been a tough conversation when Jed was told we are prioritising the development of the young mids and he will need to play forward.

Credit to him, he embraced the role and was excellent. Also a great thing to have up our sleeve to be able to send him into the middle late in the game when other guys start to tire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really happy he hit the scoreboard today. Would have been a tough conversation when Jed was told we are prioritising the development of the young mids and he will need to play forward.

Credit to him, he embraced the role and was excellent. Also a great thing to have up our sleeve to be able to send him into the middle late in the game when other guys start to tire.

Absolutely gives his all and is my favourite player. I reckon he has the potential to be a really good goal kicking pressure forward, with some spurts in the middle. My only concern is, and I know he will embrace the role for as long as he is with us, will he be satisfied with this coming into the prime of his career?

Absolutely gives his all and is my favourite player. I reckon he has the potential to be a really good goal kicking pressure forward, with some spurts in the middle. My only concern is, and I know he will embrace the role for as long as he is with us, will he be satisfied with this coming into the prime of his career?
You'd think so, especially if the improvement in the team continues. He's the fella down there, still bangin' into blokes, and snagging a couple along the way. Sounds like enjoyable football to me. He'd be quite able to see the quality of our mids, and would understand his role. It's not like the old days where the fwd pocket would stay put and die a slow death. Give him licence from the wing forwards, and he'd be happy as Larry I reckon. Imo.

If he is kicking goals in a side that looks like winning flags then I reckon he will.

Agree with the bolded too.

Its not just that. He hasn't played for nearly five months and the VFL/covid void hasn't helped. He has to develop some match fitness.

You can see just how popular he is in the group as well. I reckon every player on the ground got around him on both goals. It's easy to underestimate just how much that sort of thing lifts morale.
Probably should of had 3-4 goals if he had not passed a couple off including the one he handed hand balled to Zurhaar who was actually in a worse spot but was still good enough to get around a couple of piss poor blues defenders to slot snap it thru 👍

Looking forward l dont care how good he is playing, Jed must get to 100 games (currently 71) I think he has 3sons currently, those 3 boys growing up will be lethal. Could you imagine them in 10-12 years.

3 Jedi missiles playing in the same team........Queue the star wars theme.

If the AFL supporter base underrates Cunnington then our own supporter base underrates this guy.

Jed is a friggen weapon guys.
He needs to fit into our midfield rotations.
I have no doubt opposition fear playing against him too.
If he stays the pressure forward role, a lot of opposition defenders are going to be looking over their shoulders with Jed, Zurhaar and Squizzy Taylor constantly hunting the forward 50 like a group of Mako Sharks circling prey..

I'm looking forward to seeing Jed take Cunnington's role as the enforcer in the middle this week. It will be a really good test to see how much depth we have in the middle.

Simpkin, Anderson, LDU and Lazzaro have got their work cut out for them against an experienced and skilled opposition Cat's midfield. I also wouldn't mind Dumont shifting from the wing to start roving, using Polec and McDonald on the wings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back