Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/unsung-heroes-round-7-2/

North Melbourne: Jed Anderson

The Kangaroos are finally seeing the upside to giving away a first-round draft pick for former Hawk Jed Anderson. The 24-year-old has had his fair share of injury troubles over the journey but has finally found continuity and form, collecting 24 disposals and four tackles in one of the upsets of the season.

jedanderson.jpg

I never got uptight about the 'Anderson for a first rounder' debate, because it's the overall outcome from any draft/trade round that counts, and Anderson and McKay in and Bastinac out was always a good strategy.
All that said, what has really impressed about Jed in the last few games is his hands in close - just outstanding, none better in the little give to Jacobs for the decisive break leading to Wood's 4th on Saturday. Obviously Cunners is elite in this category, but Anderson has to be closing fast, and if he's not our next handball distributor I'd be interested in the other candidates

Hey, if people are going to get around irrationally s**t canning players, then they can't complain when it comes back over the net with interest.

Truth is, some people focus their frustration on one or two players in an oversimplified manner, then they go looking for that player and generally magnify an indiscretion as cognitive reinforcement.

The biggest point of difference that he is providing to our midfield at this stage is follow up and repeat efforts.

How many times this year have you seen him tackle someone, bounce up run 40m
And impact another contest?

He always had excellent pressure stats as a forward but I’m so stoked he has been able to get fit and transition into the midfield.

Him and Jacobs have been my biggest highlights so far this year.

Jed Anderson | 24 disposals | 5 marks | 3 clearances

Midfielder Jed Anderson continues to improve week-by-week, with his 24 disposals the highest of his career so far.

His 15 handballs were also a career-best, while his five marks were another all-time high for the 24-year-old.

Anderson is one of the young, emerging players that is being praised by North’s coaches and players, for his ability to step-up and relieve the pressure on the likes of Jack Ziebell.

Onwards and upwards.

It's amazing how quickly he's gone from a player I'd completely given up on to one of my favourite players. He just brings a small to my face when he's around the contest because he always approaches it like an absolute madman. He makes us a better team.

It's amazing how quickly he's gone from a player I'd completely given up on to one of my favourite players. He just brings a small to my face when he's around the contest because he always approaches it like an absolute madman. He makes us a better team.

To be fair, his intent was always pretty good, but his fitness wasn't up to scratch and we need to remember he predominately played as a small forward prior to this year.

Getting him higher up the ground on a more regular basis has certainly helped his cause.

2nd for tackles and 3rd for clearances. He just needs to up his disposal output.

To be fair, his intent was always pretty good, but his fitness wasn't up to scratch and we need to remember he predominately played as a small forward prior to this year.

Getting him higher up the ground on a more regular basis has certainly helped his cause.

2nd for tackles and 3rd for clearances. He just needs to up his disposal output.

Getting sick after he went hunting was probably a bigger deal than many people realise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He explodes into contests exactly like Pickett did.

I’m loving him.

That's high praise but a fair comparison. Choppy, though, if he'd played 10 years later, would have been suspended for high contact several times. Not a criticism, it was legal at the time.

Jed hits low and well, and his technique on the bump is flawless. Best part is, after he does it he's up again and looking for the next contest. His movement is cat like at times. I've never seen anything like it. The most exciting prospect out of several this year, the way he's playing.

That's high praise but a fair comparison. Choppy, though, if he'd played 10 years later, would have been suspended for high contact several times. Not a criticism, it was legal at the time.

Jed hits low and well, and his technique on the bump is flawless. Best part is, after he does it he's up again and looking for the next contest. His movement is cat like at times. I've never seen anything like it. The most exciting prospect out of several this year, the way he's playing.

If you watch clips of Pickett he gets to a contest and then excelerates into it, Jed does the same.

Jed loves the physical stuff.

Like Daniel Wells if he loved the body contact.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/unsung-heroes-round-7-2/

North Melbourne: Jed Anderson

The Kangaroos are finally seeing the upside to giving away a first-round draft pick for former Hawk Jed Anderson. The 24-year-old has had his fair share of injury troubles over the journey but has finally found continuity and form, collecting 24 disposals and four tackles in one of the upsets of the season.

jedanderson.jpg

Out: Pick 15 (1,112 points) + Pick 55 (207 points)
In: Anderson + Pick 38 (465 points) + 40 (429 points) puts Anderson at 425 points or equivalent to pick 41.

I hope Jed keeps this on his locker every time we play the Hawks: http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2017-10-05/top-10-trades-in-hawk-history-

That article on the Hawthorn website claims to put the Jed trade as Number 9 in their all time trade deals.

On a side note, we eventually traded Bastinac, pick 38, pick 40 and our 2016 third round pick for picks 17 and 26 getting us McKay and Clarke. With hindsight I am still pretty happy with that outcome.

Jeeeeeez it’s an interesting read going back through from about page 50 to 120.

There wasn’t many of us left who backed him in, and prior to round 1 he was the king whipping boy.

Always said that it was a confidence and fitness thing with Jed. Now that he is fit and playing with confidence and it’s like he is a totally different player!

Looking forward to seeing how he goes battering into the likes of Cotchin and Martin this week.

Would love to see if Anderson is up to the task of Tackling Martin. He really aims at the hips and hits hard.

Ditto.

‘Tis merely a sliver
From spud to deliver

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jeeeeeez it’s an interesting read going back through from about page 50 to 120.

There wasn’t many of us left who backed him in, and prior to round 1 he was the king whipping boy.

Always said that it was a confidence and fitness thing with Jed. Now that he is fit and playing with confidence and it’s like he is a totally different player!

Looking forward to seeing how he goes battering into the likes of Cotchin and Martin this week.

Would love to see if Anderson is up to the task of Tackling Martin. He really aims at the hips and hits hard.

Yeah, I didn't see this coming and I am extremely happy to be wrong... I just didn't see any signs when he was playing previously, he fumbled a lot, made bad decisions, executed worse, the only thing I really liked was his endeavour. Even now when LDU offers us very little right now, you still see glimpses of what is to come, we saw that even with Cunners who was dogshit early but had those moments which you knew would eventually go from the odd flash of brilliance to a more consistent strength.

I really wanted Jed to come good because I love his aggression, but I didn't really see this turnaround based on what he showed previously and it was really bad enough for the Hawks to think they screwed us yet again on another trade. I'm over the moon for Jed, he really looks like he is loving his footy now and as a result, we are as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back