Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

His hands were just about as good as any.

He'd take 3 blokes up with him and still clunk them. Unreal player. Miss him greatly.

He had beautiful timing and spring in his contested marks. Really was an impressive athlete! What I’d give to have a player of his potential alongside Larkey.

******* love this bump and ******* love W80

he was so, so good for us, especially in finals. what a player, what a man.

One thing i wish we'd do is get former players involved more often, maybe on gameday or something. In the premier league, some teams will interview a former player at half time of every home game, for example. It gives the player a chance to see the fans again and the chance for them to show their appreciation.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that id love to see W80 back at Arden St in some capacity, even as a guest

******* love this bump and ******* love W80

he was so, so good for us, especially in finals. what a player, what a man.

One thing i wish we'd do is get former players involved more often, maybe on gameday or something. In the premier league, some teams will interview a former player at half time of every home game, for example. It gives the player a chance to see the fans again and the chance for them to show their appreciation.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that id love to see W80 back at Arden St in some capacity, even as a guest
There’s an idea for the halftime entertainment that would actually be worthwhile. Only problem is the horrible sound system at the stadium’s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waiterman! I got soo much joy niggling my bluebagger bro-in-law about the wait finally being over as we watched the Punisher reach his potential as he delivered goals on the reg for the Shinboners. Ahhh, good times. Wish he'd come back to teach our blokes to use their bodies, including legs/feet, to win aerial contests they have no rights winning (same goes for Linds). Comben and Curtis would be a quick studies methinks

If we could snag another forward in the mold of Waite, it would accelerate our development 100 fold.

What a great pickup he was.

I’m hoping that Chom develops into Waite Mk II.

Even though he retired just a few years ago Jarrad Waite stands out as someone who seemed from a completely different era of football. Who could be thought of as the next Jarrad Waite out there? Who is the journeyman footballer than comes and brains it for another team at the end of his career showing real dominance, aggression and flair?

With the way we still bomb it in from a clearance and think we still have the tall timber down there... you just sit and think, '* would a prime-Waite be useful?'

We had it so good with these guys. We had no idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back