Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

Close to the best player in the competition atm.
Awesome all round performances every week.
Was funny when he was on "On the Couch" a couple of weeks ago and they said he was ranked (presumably by Champion Data) as the best player in the comp. Waitey's response: "Must be a typo" :D

Is he the most popular player at the club at the moment? The roar he got when he went to the crowd after the game was unreal. Playing some amazing footy and he must be loving every single minute of it.
He would have loved that walk. His confidence must be sky high at the moment. Hope the drive to win a flag is as high as ever

How good has this guy been this year?

Some Careyesque marks. The 3 on 1 in Q4 tonight and the pluck from three deep against Freo stick out for me.
Im still stunned he took that

His marking is outstanding, really helps him having Petrie and Brown in the side too.
When was the last time we had a player kick 22 goals after 6 rounds?

Always looked a fantastic player In blue and white but tonight screamed like a player who wanted to arrest control of an even situation and win it for their team. Hoping this is not an early season flutter but a deep hunger and desire to win big in September.

Looks like it.

Keeping eating your words Carlscum mates....best served up cold as well.

Eating what words? We've been telling people he's good for a decade:

Jarred Waite is a very very good footballer. He can (and has) won games off his own boot.

His only problem has been injury and suspension. Keep him on the park for 2 years and your team will be much better for it.

His form with us was never the issue (barring a patch here or there). It was injury and suspension. He was in and out of the side, and with patchy preparation came patchy form.

In his interview above he claims your sports science blokes and injury prevention model is really working for him. Kudos to your club for that, its obviously something we might want to look at at Carlton.

Good to see him finally able to show his wares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His form with us was never the issue (barring a patch here or there). It was injury and suspension. He was in and out of the side, and with patchy preparation came patchy form.

In his interview above he claims your sports science blokes and injury prevention model is really working for him. Kudos to your club for that, its obviously something we might want to look at at Carlton.

Good to see him finally able to show his wares.

He tore us a new one several times when playing for you. I remember the time a few years back on a Friday night when we were heavy favourites and he kicked 5 and pretty much won the game for you. We're loving him at the moment, and his form also I am sure brings some joy to you guys as well.

That and beating Freo last week. Well done on that one. I for one am personally hoping you guys can turn it around from here (just not in the next 3 weeks please!)

He tore us a new one several times when playing for you. I remember the time a few years back on a Friday night when we were heavy favourites and he kicked 5 and pretty much won the game for you.
God that was awful, in a season that was s**t. Thanks for those terrible memories, but at least we got The Difference playing for us now!

I suspect Waite's enjoying having genuine support around him, with Dish, Brown and even Goldenballs when he drifts forward. Mick Malthouse spoke about it pregame last night, suggesting Waite is thriving on not having to be THE man, but one of the men.

He can certainly football with the best of them. Great pickup!

I can not believe how consistent he is. Always had the talent. Now has the fitness, attitude and a good team around him.

Those dukes <3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back