Toast 300 games for Patrick Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
This week the mayor of Moggs Creek plays his 300th game.

Dangerfield has been everything we could have imagined when we traded for him - and then some.

The way he throws himself into contest after contest with no regard for his safety is almost unparalleled in my time following footy.

A model citizen and brilliant ambassador for the club.

Nobody 'deserves' a flag but I am sure we would all be thrilled to see Danger win one after everything he's given us on field over the last seven years.

Congrats on 300, Danger, let's hope your 301st, 302nd and 303rd are even better!

PD.png

8f020be1fccf7941bb69bf101ab838bd.png

Very well said. Has been a gun for us and played through pain for a long time...one of our best ever trade ins and underpaid too (relative to what he would get elsewhere). Hope we win the flag this year.

And here we go again...the insufferable Danger making it all about him again. Derailing our premiership tilt with a milestone game on the eve of the finals. Just because you've played 300 games in the AFL (and poured your whole self into pretty much every one of them), what gives you the right to any acknowledgement or celebration of your achievements?

As it is, it'll be 'me, me, me' all the way with him. Will be yet again putting himself in the spotlight all game, no doubt. Trying to win the ball, trying to help his team succeed, and working as hard as he possibly can to have his beloved Cats hoist the cup at the end of the season. When will he ever learn?

:rolleyes:

#youknowitmakessense

And here we go again...the insufferable Danger making it all about him again. Derailing our premiership tilt with a milestone game on the eve of the finals. Just because you've played 300 games in the AFL (and poured your whole self into pretty much every one of them), what gives you the right to any acknowledgement or celebration of your achievements?

As it is, it'll be 'me, me, me' all the way with him. Will be yet again putting himself in the spotlight all game, no doubt. Trying to win the ball, trying to help his team succeed, and working as hard as he possibly can to have his beloved Cats hoist the cup at the end of the season. When will he ever learn?

#youknowitmakessense
Well played.

Fine satire of the embarrassing Game Day mud flinging.

#youknowitmakessense
Hear, Hear. There is no "i" in 300.

Gave up effectively peanuts for him (some still think we paid overs) on a very club-favourable contract, well under the market rate at the time.

He has paid us back tenfold, with only one notable omission from his CV. Hoping that gets addressed in just over a month's time.

Gave up effectively peanuts for him (some still think we paid overs) on a very club-favourable contract, well under the market rate at the time.

He has paid us back tenfold, with only one notable omission from his CV. Hoping that gets addressed in just over a month's time.
Still do the deal every time but it was a blow not to get him as a RFA. Just like Jezza.

That Geelong Falcon kid we liked called Charlie Curnow taken after the pick we traded to Adel would have been handy.

Danger has been a simply sensational player for the Cats. Almost 150 odd games of the highest quality football you can imagine. Dragged us back up into contention from 2016 when we were clearly declining. Like the second wave of that decade.

Love the way he plays. If his goal kicking was better he’d be in the absolute top tier of players this century, as it is he’s a superstar and watching him bash and crash his way towards the ball with no regard for himself is fantastic.

I don’t care what people say about his ego. He can have a laugh at himself and I’ve never heard a teammate give him anything but the highest praise.

Hawkins has played with 7-8 players who are among the very best who’ve ever been at the club and he spoke about him in reverent terms on 360 last night

Well played.

Fine satire of the embarrassing Game Day mud flinging.
Those who want to 'keep it real' regarding Paddy are an embarrassment to the concept of objective analysis of footy. Any club in the comp would be delighted to have had a player of his calibre come along and bring so much to their team's output over so many seasons. He has been a fantastic player for the Cats (despite the limitations that even the very best bring to their footy), and has every reason to be recognised as such.

I can't think of a player who has brought as much to our club and been as unfairly mocked and ridiculed as our #35. Cool thing is that I'm sure he couldn't care less, anyway. Seems very comfortable in his own skin and in having a life that will never simply be defined by what he brings on the field.

Whether he wins a flag with us or not, I'll be forever grateful that he came home and added so much over his years in the hoops. Been utterly amazing to think how much he's contributed to the club when he's clearly always been all about himself the whole time.

#gethisnameinlights
#itswhyheplaysthegame
#youknowitmakessense

Those who want to 'keep it real' regarding Paddy are an embarrassment to the concept of objective analysis of footy. Any club in the comp would be delighted to have had a player of his calibre come along and bring so much to their team's output over so many seasons. He has been a fantastic player for the Cats (despite the limitations that even the very best bring to their footy), and has every reason to be recognised as such.

I can't think of a player who has brought as much to our club and been as unfairly mocked and ridiculed as our #35. Cool thing is that I'm sure he couldn't care less, anyway. Seems very comfortable in his own skin and in having a life that will never simply be defined by what he brings on the field.

Whether he wins a flag with us or not, I'll be forever grateful that he came home and added so much over his years in the hoops. Been utterly amazing to think how much he's contributed to the club when he's clearly always been all about himself the whole time.

#gethisnameinlights
#itswhyheplaysthegame
#youknowitmakessense
Couldn't have said it better myself.

The only blemish on his record are some underwhelming finals (I don't think any team mate champion or otherwise is exempt from that). He didn't Dusty us to a premiership off his own boot when we were very close, but not many ever have.

Injuries after a crash and bash playing career unfortunately made him mortal and stopped him becoming a GOAT contender. This is reality for most who have played the game with such intensity and disregard for their own safety.

In his twilight years he has brought his team mates into it more and played a supporting role. "Look at me"? I don't think so. I believe he enjoys his current role more than in his superstar pomp. His skills are derided so much that they are actually now extremely underrated, and just quietly, they have improved.

The area of his game that he has never been able to fix is the goal kicking, especially set shots. And sure, he'll make the odd clanger after a lung busting effort. Flaws that seem to make a lot of the club's supporters mark him relentlessly harder than his peers.

Danger has been a role model, a club champion and he's kept the club relevant/contending. Dangers arrival and influence convinced everybody that this team could still win a premiership. Year after year, that never changed. Can't think of too many more who deserve a flag more than Danger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#gethisnameinlights
#itswhyheplaysthegame
#youknowitmakessense
I think they said on 360 tonight, 3 b&f’s, 5 AA’s and a Brownlow…just in his time at Geelong.

Kept us relevant when Joel was carrying the midfield. Superstar.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The only blemish on his record are some underwhelming finals (I don't think any team mate champion or otherwise is exempt from that). He didn't Dusty us to a premiership off his own boot when we were very close, but not many ever have.

Injuries after a crash and bash playing career unfortunately made him mortal and stopped him becoming a GOAT contender. This is reality for most who have played the game with such intensity and disregard for their own safety.

In his twilight years he has brought his team mates into it more and played a supporting role. "Look at me"? I don't think so. I believe he enjoys his current role more than in his superstar pomp. His skills are derided so much that they are actually now extremely underrated, and just quietly, they have improved.

The area of his game that he has never been able to fix is the goal kicking, especially set shots. And sure, he'll make the odd clanger after a lung busting effort. Flaws that seem to make a lot of the club's supporters mark him relentlessly harder than his peers.

Danger has been a role model, a club champion and he's kept the club relevant/contending. Dangers arrival and influence convinced everybody that this team could still win a premiership. Year after year, that never changed. Can't think of too many more who deserve a flag more than Danger.
Yeah I wonder if Freo fans talk down Fyfe due to his goal kicking coz he’s even worse.

What's meant to be a positive thread ruined by pathetic whinging about other people's opinions. Typical

🤔

I've only read one whinging post on this thread...

The play the other week where he smothers the ball with his face at point blank range without flinching then cannons into the Doggies player and sends him flying pretty much sums him up. Getting to 300 games while playing like a possessed madman is some sort of feat.

Am i the only one that gets the feeling if we win it this year he will retire, the way the media coverage has been and how he is talking lately its like its the end.

With two years to go on his contract, doubt he retires unless there's medical grounds to do so

Remove this Banner Ad

Back