Player Watch #32 Tomas Bugg - Departing MFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Bugg has effectively already served a week of the suspension - 6 possessions for the game last night. Think he was truly rattled after what happened and had absolutely no impact. Will get 6 weeks.

Well I'm in the camp that Houli did not intend to hit the head but did want to hit Lamb's arm or chest to get separation in order to stream forward. Obviously I am bias but still trying to remove my Richmond one eye, I believe Houli when he says he didn't mean to hit him in the head. It was still amazingly ******* stupid what Houli did and he's now paying the price of it.

Buggs was more blatant and completely intentional to hit the head. Maybe they're the same? Who the hell knows which way the tribunal will go.

Hate the break it to you mate but Houli turned and looked at him and then whacked him, I don't know anyone with arms attached to their head.
TBH I actually think Houlis was worse than Bugg. Bugg threw a punch out and intended to hit the chest but got the jaw because of Mills position. Yes he deserves to go but Houli more so fm, what's worse for me is Houli playing the good bloke card and saying he didn't mean to hit him, what a lying sack of shyte, apparently a real good bloke though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm guessing he'll get 4 or 5 weeks, but I'll allow a window of 2 - 8 weeks to account for the randomness of the MRP.

Not really impressed with the way he played though. For a bloke who knows he's going to be having a bit of a holiday from very early on, he had next to no impact on the game. In general he runs around, contests and tries hard, but he really doesn't offer a helluva lot as far as I can see. He's a placeholder until we get a few more decent mids / forwards in, and then he should be a permanent VFL player.

Hate the break it to you mate but Houli turned and looked at him and then whacked him, I don't know anyone with arms attached to their head.
TBH I actually think Houlis was worse than Bugg. Bugg threw a punch out and intended to hit the chest but got the jaw because of Mills position. Yes he deserves to go but Houli more so fm, what's worse for me is Houli playing the good bloke card and saying he didn't mean to hit him, what a lying sack of shyte, apparently a real good bloke though.

Well said mate, absolutely agree. Mills' body moves while he's running from where Bugg was going to punch him, so gets him in the head. The only actual difference from the Houli hit is the damage was less. He should get 4, but will probably get 6. If he does, we should appeal it based on the precedent set the week before, but I doubt we will given all the negative press we've had of late, so we'll just accept it.

I'm thinking it will be 6 weeks. 5 and he should probably think himself lucky - based on some of the commentary around this.

I'm not really sure what I think it should be - that's just the number I suspect they will come up with. The thing that gets me with the MRP is the number of examples out there where there seems to be no relationship between the penalty for two similar transgressions. Same with umpiring. The absence of consistency is really hard to take.

I'm guessing he'll get 4 or 5 weeks, but I'll allow a window of 2 - 8 weeks to account for the randomness of the MRP.

Not really impressed with the way he played though. For a bloke who knows he's going to be having a bit of a holiday from very early on, he had next to no impact on the game. In general he runs around, contests and tries hard, but he really doesn't offer a helluva lot as far as I can see. He's a placeholder until we get a few more decent mids / forwards in, and then he should be a permanent VFL player.
I would pick vdB for the role Bugg plays every time. Only except for him being injured. For quite some time now. Actually I'm starting to despair of vdB overcoming his injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop talking thru your arse
Houli's hit worse than Bugg FFS they are both the same
Deserve the same penalty

Except Bugg will get 7. If houli was a demon you'd be be singing a different tune. And yes houli is a lying prick, you're an idiot if you think looking back at a bloke and whacking him in the head is an accident.

The suspension is the start of Buggy's problems. He rates himself as a niggler and a cheeky chappy but can't keep his cool. Fatal combination and now every player knows his weakness. Every selector knows too that he is capable of losing it. He had better spend some time really building his skills (unlikely) because his noted strength has been exposed big time.

I would be a bit surprised to see him back as a regular, but that could be a good thing since it might indicate some more players available once we get past this injury rubbish.

Moral of the story, No letter from Waleed Aly = 4 weeks more. How the tribuneral can give Houli 2 weeks and Bugg 6 is deadset astonishing.

Im not arguing that Bugg didnt deserve the 6 but how they can come up with 4 weeks difference between the two actions is amazing, they must be using some sort of random number generator. #chooklottoatitsfinest

Yes I would be a bit surprised.
If the injuries keep going the way they are, we may need to apply to the AFL for special disposition to allow him to play, lest we fail to fill a full team. Perhaps they'll let us if before each game played while technically under suspension, Callum Mills gets to punch him in the jaw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back