Past #33: Ed Vickers-Willis - delisted at end of 2020 season - won't be offered a new contract - 21 NM games - thanks EVW

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the JLT2 again, and I don't understand why anyone has any doubts.
Just a no fuss type of footballer. Won't get a heap of brownlow votes, but the coaches will love him for doing his role week in, week out.

I'm also a believer but playing devil's advocate - his disposal is passable but not necessarily damaging and his size and attributes may seem him in no fixed position.

Don't expect these to be overly limiting factors but worth considering when predicting his long term odds.

He's no Darren Jarman, but I have no doubts at all that he has the smarts to compensate for any shortcomings, once he gets the experience.

He reeks of dependability.

Long way to go with the pointing and shouting though.
He's smarter than Hawking, he can organise and point all he wants in defence now.

J Mac should be nowhere near the backline, should be a winger/half-forward.

He's smarter than Hawking, he can organise and point all he wants in defence now.

J Mac should be nowhere near the backline, should be a winger/half-forward.

Agree on JMac, wing/half forward is where he provides most value.

We continually fail to play to our strengths. Dogs won a flag when Beveridge came in and worked out the strengths of his playing list and designed the gameplan around them. We seem to be always trying to add strengths to players in their areas of weakness - years of Atley and Macmillan and now Clarke in the backline, Ziebell exclusively midfield, etc. This robs the team of their potentially positive contributions and opens up weaknesses to be exposed. And they are exposed regularly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me a bit of jack hombsch from port when they were all the buzz a few years ago. Good decision maker, does most things well, has all the hallmarks of a solid 250 game career (injury permitting).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back