Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh - signed until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

We all know McIntosh will not be dropped. Same goes for Pickett. The huge list of injuries will be used as an excuse, but what difference will it make? Neither of them will make the slightest bit of difference between winning and losing so we may as well bring in a couple more youngsters.

That game was close to the most ineffective game I've seen yet from McIntosh, and that's saying something.

Ralphsmith, Banks, Coulthard, Smith. Anyone.
My Nan (Deceased, 1979) could come in.

Sure, Mac runs to spots, he has running discipline. The poor skills level but, like George before, has him becoming an oppo coaches tactic.

Put the ball in his area, at best, no hurt. The benefit is that the oppo get the 3-5 reliable turnovers, the team killers, an easy 18+ points.

My Nan (Deceased, 1979) could come in.

Sure, Mac runs to spots, he has running discipline. The poor skills level but, like George before, has him becoming an oppo coaches tactic.

Put the ball in his area, at best, no hurt. The benefit is that the oppo get the 3-5 reliable turnovers, the team killers, an easy 18+ points.
Perfectly put. I love analogies like yours as they can’t be argued against.

Wed night shows we should be moving on from him permanently

I'm ok with him as the sub from time to time, as he can fill a role down back or in a mid rotation if required, but I would be praying we don't use that sub until half way through the last

I'm ok with him as the sub from time to time, as he can fill a role down back or in a mid rotation if required, but I would be praying we don't use that sub until half way through the last
He seems to get a few touches in the first quarter, and then barely touches it for the rest of the game. So, yeah if he's the sub we don't want him being used until 3qtr time at the latest.

And by latest I mean earliest.

Last edited:
Not even good enough to be sub unfortunately. He’s just jogging around and when he gets the ball nothing good happens from it. Sub needs to be Pickett as he can still win his own ball , but his disposal like KMac is scary. I think a true sub should be a Coulthard type in the modern game.
Kmac will survive again bc Hopper is injured, but the reality both KMac and JGTI should be axed for good unless they can actually dominate a VFL game. Three blokes that need to come in , including Hoppers replacement should be Sonsie, KMac2 and Coulthard. We have to start rewarding VFL form and HRS was a classic example on Wednesday. Ryan also comes in for Naismith .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not even good enough to be sub unfortunately. He’s just jogging around and when he gets the ball nothing good happens from it. Sub needs to be Pickett as he can still win his own ball , but his disposal like KMac is scary. I think a true sub should be a Coulthard type in the modern game.
Kmac will survive again bc Hopper is injured, but the reality both KMac and JGTI should be axed for good unless they can actually dominate a VFL game. Three blokes that need to come in , including Hoppers replacement should be Sonsie, KMac2 and Coulthard. We have to start rewarding VFL form and HRS was a classic example on Wednesday. Ryan also comes in for Naismith .
Sometimes you make a lot of sense...

;)

Don't know how we could use McIntosh as a sub.

Hope Hugo keeps his spot

Don't know how we could use McIntosh as a sub.

Hope Hugo keeps his spot
His physical profile would suggest he would be / should be a great sub.

6Ft, great runner, could go back and cover a Defensive post if needed, adding him to a wing would allow a winger to go into a mid rotation if needed, and his size and speed wouldn't make him the worst fwd option if needed.

But physical profile doesn't equal output at the moment, and his lack of impact on a game means he should just be in the twos

His physical profile would suggest he would be / should be a great sub.

6Ft, great runner, could go back and cover a Defensive post if needed, adding him to a wing would allow a winger to go into a mid rotation if needed, and his size and speed wouldn't make him the worst fwd option if needed.

But physical profile doesn't equal output at the moment, and his lack of impact on a game means he should just be in the twos
In fairness Kamdyn came on halfway through the 3rd when Dees put the foot down and still managed to have 7 disposals @ 100%, 3 marks and a goal assist. If he had have played a full game at that output it probably would have been one of his best games in recent years.

Can't ask for much more from a sub. I don't mind him being the 23rd man with the injuries we have, his running power and flexibility. The biggest positive is that it meant Hugo got a genuine run on the wing. I will be pissed is Kmac comes back into the 22 though.

And that's coming from one of his biggest critics.

Our wings have been an issue for a few years they cover a lot of ground but don't get involved enough & when they do, they usually don't use it great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back