Past #34: Ben Davies - drafted w/ pick 96 - 2 games for NM in '08 - delisted at end of '08

Remove this Banner Ad

Davies is a depth player, getting a run through good form in the 2's and a long injury list, cut the guy some slack, I thought he got his hands on the footy a bit, how about you blokes point the finger at guys like Harris, Rawlings, Thomas today instead of bagging a kid.:thumbsdown:

Davies is a depth player, getting a run through good form in the 2's and a long injury list, cut the guy some slack, I thought he got his hands on the footy a bit, how about you blokes point the finger at guys like Harris, Rawlings, Thomas today instead of bagging a kid.:thumbsdown:

We cant bag a mature age VFL footballer playing in the AFL, but we can have a crack at a twenty year old who was the only dangerous forward for us on the day?

What planet are you living on?

We cant bag a mature age VFL footballer playing in the AFL, but we can have a crack at a twenty year old who was the only dangerous forward for us on the day?

What planet are you living on?

Dangerous?, he got a gimme from Wells, and took a good grab and kicked a good goal, but watch him closely, worst diver in the competition, worst, bar none, soft cheap stager, never gives an in close handball, always tries to kick a miracle goal.

That's the one.

He definately lifted his eyes and fumbled the ball.

Your mate Brown has been doing that for 5 years , and you choose to pick on Davies . Hypocrite .
They both should be outlawed from our side along with Power . My Footscray mate could not believe his luck when he read that Jordan McMahon and Sam Power had been traded from the Doggies , he even sent me a text message the same day to say sorry . No lies .

Dangerous?, he got a gimme from Wells, and took a good grab and kicked a good goal, but watch him closely, worst diver in the competition, worst, bar none, soft cheap stager, never gives an in close handball, always tries to kick a miracle goal.

You say this, yet in your previous post beg everyone to "leave the kids alone"

:confused:

So i'm guessing you guys believe Davies will not be offered another contract? he only got one year. He's only 21 and think he could offer you guys something, but thats me being biased as i used to, well kinda know him, speak to him now and then.
In saying that i believe he could offer something, never really thought he was going to make it, but at least he can find the footy, using it is another issue.

So i'm guessing you guys believe Davies will not be offered another contract? he only got one year. He's only 21 and think he could offer you guys something, but thats me being biased as i used to, well kinda know him, speak to him now and then.
In saying that i believe he could offer something, never really thought he was going to make it, but at least he can find the footy, using it is another issue.

If you like him so much , we will trade him for Prismall . DEAL OR NO DEAL ?

Depth player or not, he is crud.

I'd have rathered a Trotter or Djars on our list, and used as depth players, over someone like Davies.

If you like him so much , we will trade him for Prismall . DEAL OR NO DEAL ?

I like him because i knew him lol! and if i had any say, no way, although Davies beat Prismall in the Jets BnF the year they were both drafted!!! lol Prismall of course spent many games with vic!

But nah really hope we hold onto Prismall, but cant see him wanting to stick around any longer unless he is finally rewarded with some more games, so you might be in with a chance, although not for Davies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davies is no good. Power has one more games credit in the bank, but Davies is soft and for a bloke who has done stuff all, a pretty ____ing selfish footballer. Burnt Campbell twice today, only to attempt a big run and just cough it up. Doesn't shepard or block, just looks for bullshit kicks.

Ordinary.

So you see why Pies Let him go so Easily. He is a VFL Player not a AFL Player

That's the one.

He definately lifted his eyes and fumbled the ball.

that wasnt his fault, the bounce ____ed him up bad in that screw up, cut him some slack. look i know that he had quite afew turn overs today, but he also did some good things with the ball, give him some credit, although i just ahve to say he is not in our best 22, my bro used to go to school with his sister and he says that he is in our best 22, we have way better players though.

Power was responsible for the worst part of the day for me. Kicking left of screen, he collected the ball about 60 out on the members side and instead of going long or looking for an option inside 50 he looked for a cheap 15m pass sideways that ended up being intercepted. Off they went for a shot at goal.

I'm not completely anti these two guys but both of them have deficiencies that need a lot of work. Davies is still young so I'd be prepared to cut him more slack but I'm not sure Power will ever get much better. While I don't think Sam's ever put in an absolute shocker in our colours, I can't see him ever breaking a game open. When you lack the out-and-out stars like we do, we've got to aim for higher than that.

Power was responsible for the worst part of the day for me. Kicking left of screen, he collected the ball about 60 out on the members side and instead of going long or looking for an option inside 50 he looked for a cheap 15m pass sideways that ended up being intercepted. Off they went for a shot at goal.

I remember that, he could have run to 50 as well, but his first instinct was to stop, prop and look for a chip kick.

Offers no more than Kasey Green did, yet we seem to have spots in the 22 reserved for honest/average sorts every season.

I remember that, he could have run to 50 as well, but his first instinct was to stop, prop and look for a chip kick.

That's the one. Take the game on FFS.

Leigh Harding has made a shed load of mistakes this year but they've nearly all been because he's taking the game on. People forgive those errors.

When they happen as a result of a player taking the easy, low-risk-low-reward option and it still doesn't come off...

My point is that Laidley was limited in football ability but tried hard.
Amazing that after a long frustrating day that you have to put up with dumb, ill informed comments like this.

Laidley was a dead set gun and close to the best user of the ball on our list between 1993 and 1997. Super player for WCE (state player) prior to doing his knee as well.

Where do people get these stupid ideas that he lacked talent?

Davies won the ball more than...hmmm....lets see...

Brown
Campbell
Firritto
Gibson
Hale
Harding
Harris
Lower
McIntosh (can be forgiven but can't see Hamish getting 23 touches if he wasn't injured)
Petrie
Pratt
Rawlings
Riggio
Smith
Thomas
Thompson
Urquhart
Wells (EQUAL)

That means only Brent Harvey, SAM POWER, and Adam Simpson found the ball more than Davies, with Wells equaling 23 possessions.

Well, to me, a kid in his 2nd game at our club, finding the ball 23 times, taking 7 marks, earning 2 frees for, 2 tackles, deserves a spot before a number of players on our list. WHY?? Because he tried hard and WON the ball.

I saw Daniel Wells kick one of the worst kicks of the day 2day, but I still haven't found a thread bagging him.

FFS, Get off the "Get Rid" of Davies & Power threads. They are doing more than the Lowers, Riggios, Thomas' Campbells etc of the team right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back