AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - Out for <insert weeks> with a calf strain - 18/3

Remove this Banner Ad

I just read it to mean = of the new non-project-tall draftees, he is the only one to get through most of the preseason so far.

May have to fight eth-dog for him but Ima claiming him as my boy for this year. Kid will surprise
Why me? I have Harts. If I'm claiming anyone else it would be Saad as ex Coburg lads.

Kid did very well in the match sim today apparently. Opportunity isn’t lost on this one...

I expect him to smash it in the preseason games and be border line selection for round 1.

Bold prediction - the kid will play 5+ games this year & show us he is worthy...

Kid did very well in the match sim today apparently. Opportunity isn’t lost on this one...

I expect him to smash it in the preseason games and be border line selection for round 1.

Bold prediction - the kid will play 5+ games this year & show us he is worthy...

Sounds like he just needed an opertunity in the big time and has taken it with both hands.

Hopefully this is the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stronger and harder at the ball that some of the more fancied higher draft picks. With hard work and a bit of luck this kid will shock a few of the more fancied higher draftees....

Best of our 2017 draftees imo. Will impact early.

Please play him across all of the preseason

Stronger and harder at the ball that some of the more fancied higher draft picks. With hard work and a bit of luck this kid will shock a few of the more fancied higher draftees....

Best of our 2017 draftees imo. Will impact early.

Please play him across all of the preseason
To be fair, what highly valued draft picks do you speak of?

mentioned in the draftee article on the AFL website and is the only draftee named in the intraclub article on the essendon website. Not sure if the clubs a bit of a wrap on him or if I’m reading too much into it

Played pretty well today, didn't look out of depth and very effective with ball in hand.
Surprise that he isn't getting the love on here he deserves.
Wait until he puts on some more weight and he will become a good rover. One to watch for the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back