Delisted #35: Yestin Eades - Released from contract - 15/2

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, you can point out something happening in another race, and not be trying to scold them. I said of the indeginous players who have played, a good percentage of them have these off-field issues. You are allowed to talk about things, without being labelled.
I didn't label you anything, just telling you how what you said and the tone of it comes across and that maybe have more foresight about how you word things. I'm not in the business of ostracizing people off one poorly worded statement.

They discuss it all the time in the media when these things happen, it's well known a good percentage of them have their problems. It may be a cultural thing, it may be sheer coincidence. But it is fact.

They discuss it all the time in the media when these things happen, it's well known a good percentage of them have their problems. It may be a cultural thing, it may be sheer coincidence. But it is fact.
Look, if you're going to come out making statements like that and calling them fact you'd better have something a bit more than 'they discuss it all the time in the media' and 'it's well known' to back you up.

You may need a little education on this mate.

To think HeppA could have had that spot... why do so many indigenous players have these off-field problems!! Just behave ffs, you're grown ups.

I don't think its an indigenous problem, Eades comes from a troubled background, this tends to be a bigger factor.

I'm sure the likes of Longy and Walla add to this.

Without knowing what occurred, it would be a sad end to a promising career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think its an indigenous problem, Eades comes from a troubled background, this tends to be a bigger factor.

I'm sure the likes of Longy and Walla add to this.

Without knowing what occurred, it would be a sad end to a promising career.
Not wanting to get off topic too far but seeing as it has been debated above i feel compelled to say the following.

I think we have to recognise that our indigenous population has been treated very poorly and continue to suffer from massive inequality and other lack of opportunity that most of the population take for granted.

As a result the indigenous community is massively over represented in our prison system. Only approximately 3% of our population are indigenous and yet sadly about 25% of our prison system are indigenous. AFL players are not immune to this and accordingly indigenous players are overly represented in off field issues.

Saucie's post was a bit clueless and mean spirited but at the same time people burying their head in the sand is just as problematic.

He is due in Broadmeadows Magistrates Court next month but case won't go ahead on that day if he follows through on an apparent pledge to contest the charge/s.

Not wanting to get off topic too far but seeing as it has been debated above i feel compelled to say the following.

I think we have to recognise that our indigenous population has been treated very poorly and continue to suffer from massive inequality and other lack of opportunity that most of the population take for granted.

As a result the indigenous community is massively over represented in our prison system. Only approximately 3% of our population are indigenous and yet sadly about 25% of our prison system are indigenous. AFL players are not immune to this and accordingly indigenous players are overly represented in off field issues.

Saucie's post was a bit clueless and mean spirited but at the same time people burying their head in the sand is just as problematic.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that there are not serious social disadvantage within the Aboriginal community, as we saw with Walla's story, he basically had to leave his community to break out of the problems.

Eades comes from a difficult background with one or both of his parents have been inside.

Saucie mistake was not using better words, like you have, as there are many complex social issues affecting these communities.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that there are not serious social disadvantage within the Aboriginal community, as we saw with Walla's story, he basically had to leave his community to break out of the problems.

Eades comes from a difficult background with one or both of his parents have been inside.

Saucie mistake was not using better words, like you have, as there are many complex social issues affecting these communities.
Agreed.

the problem with the discourse over the previous few pages is the poster didn't begin with the statement, "I am not racist but"

That would have cleared everything up and would have avoided the subsequent ambiguity

the problem with the discourse over the previous few pages is the poster didn't begin with the statement, "I am not racist but"

That would have cleared everything up and would have avoided the subsequent ambiguity
I'm not a campaigner but...

Well said man...Missed out on the I'd like to pay respect to the tradtional owners of this land part ...But well bloody said..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back