Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Really great rig. Despite the epic floating ball drop you can never accuse Dylan of not giving his all. Will definitely leave no stone unturnovered.

Good article actually; think he has value to our midfield as that inside player who releases to guys like Sheil, Merrett, McGrath and Parish by hand, can provide some physicality around the contest, and offers the ability to play a run-with role when we need him to. He looked like he slowed down a little during the season but his first 4-6 games were at a good standard.

6A226D34-FDF1-4ADD-A4A2-5D5A31006085.jpeg
Well we all no who the perfect man for the job is, wonder if we will be as arrogant as the Cats where and not address stoping Cripps.

It worked wonders last year surely Clarke gets the gig again, I wouldn’t be a happy camper losing to Blues and seeing this guy run around dominating without an opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 896599
Well we all no who the perfect man for the job is, wonder if we will be as arrogant as the Cats where and not address stoping Cripps.

It worked wonders last year surely Clarke gets the gig again, I wouldn’t be a happy camper losing to Blues and seeing this guy run around dominating without an opponent.

Tagging Cripps is a no brainer against Carlton imo

View attachment 896599

That's assuming we're cleared to play next week

I think Cripps just had a down day that game as much as Clarke 'stopping' him. It's a shame we don't have the VFL, as it's going to leave a lot of fringe players career's in jeopardy.

giphy.gif

I think Cripps just had a down day that game as much as Clarke 'stopping' him. It's a shame we don't have the VFL, as it's going to leave a lot of fringe players career's in jeopardy.

giphy.gif
I suppose Cunnington had a bad day too? :p

Yeah Cripps wasn’t 100% and Clarke also took advantage getting forward on him at every chance, having a strong endurance base certainly helps.

giphy.gif

That was literally the only game I’ve ever seen Cripps give less than 100%. We noticed it early-on (across the playing group, really) and by the end of the match I’d said ‘the players have spoken’ and was confident Bolts would he removed and I think he was a couple of days later.

Clarke may be a good opponent for him regardless, but interesting to note.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That was literally the only game I’ve ever seen Cripps give less than 100%. We noticed it early-on (across the playing group, really) and by the end of the match I’d said ‘the players have spoken’ and was confident Bolts would he removed and I think he was a couple of days later.

Clarke may be a good opponent for him regardless, but interesting to note.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cripps was clearly physically hampered that day. That's why he only got 11 - I don't attribute that number solely to Clarke.

Clarke still did a job, which he backed up for a few weeks against quality inside mids, so I think we can assume that Cripps' influence was always going to be diminished (regardless of how fit he was). It will be very interesting to see what will happen if they meet again.

Last edited:
The Cunnington game was a masterclass in tagging. He beat him up. Was disappointing he ended the season the way he did, can maybe put it down to running out of gas, but he seriously struggled in the VFL as well. Haven't heard a peep about him all pre-season.

We are in desperate need of an inside player and this bloke is practically the only one on our list.

Yes he has the worst kicking technique I have ever seen but at least when he does kick it the ball goes to a good spot.

BRING HIM IN!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back