Player Watch #39: Finnbar 'Moose' Maley

Remove this Banner Ad

So
**** yeah!

While I'm suitably chuffed at landing all of our other new draftees (and tradees, too - freaking rapt we snared Fisher), this is the one I'm most stoked about. Been in the pipeline for a while now but glad it's finally a done deal.

As it happens I played a bit of basketball with Finnbar a year or so ago in an open-age side, and TOD Jr is a really close mate of his. ("I love the smell of inside info in the morning.") He's a ripping kid. Totally marches to the beat of his own drum but it's a good beat. Very colourful personality. Regularly referred to as a 'unit' by those that have met him. Very much looking forward to any media he does in the future.

Excellent basketballer - tall, agile, super athletic and blessed with a ton of talent. And having a guy that can dunk on your team never gets old. The interesting thing with Finnbar was the ease with which he was able to get up to the rim. Having played before with other big guys that can dunk, there's usually a bit of a tell-tale wind-up before they spring. Like, you know that they're about to dunk the ball a second before it happens. But Finnbar had an ability to pull out dunks with little warning or wind-up, and often from fairly improbable positions. Just freakish agility and athleticism, and whoever it was that commented on his leap is spot on. Dude can jump. Plays an aggressive game, too. Fearless and doesn't take a backward step. Constantly had opposition players wanting to go him.

Up until now, what he's achieved - in both basketball and footy - has mostly been off the back of raw talent. Certainly where the former sport is concerned, he's one of those guys who can rock up to a game not having played for weeks, not even do a warm-up, and still walk out on the court and absolutely kill it. While I don't wish to cast dispersions (TM Brad) on the clubs he's been associated with up to this point, I'm excited to see what Finnbar can do in a more professional, disciplined, and demanding program. Because if he applies himself, the sky really is the limit with this kid. Props to the club for identifying the potential there and taking a punt on him.

Anyways, onya, Finnbar. Welcome to North.

P.S. Finnbar Maley = The Cyrus

So white men can jump then?

What I love about those highlights is that he is more than willing to tackle and throw his weight around. Can't teach that physicality and intensity. It's not something I had noticed in the couple of games I watched him play this year.
Cant argue with that. A close second would be taking those marks while copping a fair amount of body pressure. The kid looks impressive, cant wait to see him go around.

Welcome back TODdles. 👍

Cheers, Twinkie. Missed you nutjobs.

Yeah, I've been a bit of a slack bastard of late with the posting. Combination of a few things but mainly being busier with work this year. I'm also not one to spend a whole lot of time dwelling on the negatives, and for a while there that seemed like all my footy team were intent on dishing up. I won't lie, despite setting the bar so low that it was in danger of melting from the heat of the earth's core, I was a tad pissy at some of the club's lacklustre performances this season. I know we're crap and unfit as all ****, but I feel some of our games this season showed a team that, at times, seemed a little too comfortable with capitulation. It's a subjective call obviously but there were a few games that - for me anyway - didn't seem to pass the eye test in 'the required effort' department. Be crap, but run until you upchuck. Tackle hard, run both ways, shepherd and block for your teammates. Lean in on the 1%-ers. Compensate for your inability to match the more skilled sides by applying manic pressure and attacking the contest with ferocity. In my ideal world, Wardlaw's attack on the ball and opponent wouldn't stand out as much as it does.

There were times this season that improvement was so glacially slow that it seemed to have ground to a halt.

The excruciating shitness, the unrelenting monotony of losing.

And Daniel Howe.

All of the above served to annoy me this year.

But once again, thank the deity of your choice for the AFLW side providing a break in the clouds and setting the standards. Into a Prelim and playing with genuine belief. Get around them, brethren and sisthren.

Anyway, back to the Moose.....

Ccj replacemet
Could replace both see how he goes in the VFL the only down fall will be injuries so next year he will play quite a fair bit of VFL with McDonald ,Greenwood,Stephenson Tucker and others in the VFL next year to gain confidence and push forward towards the AFL in late 2024 and 2025.

As I ease my way back into Bigfooty posting at a pace that mirrors Luke McDonald getting the ball to boot, I'm super excited to share my first piece of Finnbar Maley-related inside info.

The nickname...Moose.

Those more familiar than myself with the anatomy of the humble moose may have already worked this one out, but I am reliably informed that the nickname puts Finnbar in the same hallowed category as former North greats such as John Longmire and Robin Nahas.

Of course the main take away from this is that Finnbar's feigned ignorance over his nickname was just that, feigned. Very disappointing lack of honesty shown by the rookie. He has effectively started his career at North by lying to the entire supporter base. While I'd probably stop short of delisting him over this, I sincerely hope his inability to stare into the camera and say "It's because I have a really big penis" isn't a sign that he's a guy who is keen to cut corners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I ease my way back into Bigfooty posting at a pace that mirrors Luke McDonald getting the ball to boot, I'm super excited to share my first piece of Finnbar Maley-related inside info.

The nickname...Moose.

Those more familiar than myself with the anatomy of the humble moose may have already worked this one out, but I am reliably informed that the nickname puts Finnbar in the same hallowed category as former North greats such as John Longmire and Robin Nahas.

Of course the main take away from this is that Finnbar's feigned ignorance over his nickname was just that, feigned. Very disappointing lack of honesty shown by the rookie. He has effectively started his career at North by lying to the entire supporter base. While I'd probably stop short of delisting him over this, I sincerely hope his inability to stare into the camera and say "It's because I have a really big penis" isn't a sign that he's a guy who is keen to cut corners.
Mate, what kind of "inside" got you that info, are you still able to walk?

The nickname...Moose.

And here I was thinking it was because of this guy...
images

The nickname...Moose.

First official penis related inside info post since Lachie Fairley outed his old man's guilty secret.

Funny to imagine the little 40 second videos about the new players. Colby what's a fun fact about you. I have played for four different sides this year include Launceston and the Allies. Zane what's your fun fact. Haha my brother played for Essendon and Port Adelaide. Finnbar what about you! Well I have a great big dick.

Funny to imagine the little 40 second videos about the new players. Colby what's a fun fact about you. I have played for four different sides this year include Launceston and the Allies. Zane what's your fun fact. Haha my brother played for Essendon and Port Adelaide. Finnbar what about you! Well I have a great big dick.
"I hate visiting America, the water in their toilets goes way too high"

The nickname...Moose.

If you're going to post about kids Dicks probably a good time for another spell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back