AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best part about his game is that he stayed active throughout. In the past when he's only had around 15 touches you can almost forget he's playing for a while, but he did a hell of a lot of work around the ball and put pressure on all game.

Its fair to say that 15 touches and 3 goals is a fair bit different to just 15 touches. He's still spending plenty of time up forward so I wouldn't expect massive numbers but he's certainly doing his job. There was a stage early in the game about 8 minutes in where Langford had more tackles than Port Adelaide did.

Has really turned it around and is looking like he's got the ability to monster a few guys due to his size.

Rarely do you see a guy who freezes a bit with the ball turn it around so quickly. At the start of the year he looked like the decision making aspect of the speed of AFL was too much for him.

I'm not going to pop the champagne corks yet but with a solid pre season would be interesting to see if there's another level he can get too.

Goals, marks, tackles were impressive but standing up to that tackle on outer wing and then that kick to Brown late in the third....that was brilliant

I loved how he quickly summed it up and gave the kick everything he had to ensure it was to Brown's advantage.

I said at the end of last year if we don't replace Jobe we wont make finals. We probably didn't in the off season. But I reckon going into 2019 we have.

Has really turned it around and is looking like he's got the ability to monster a few guys due to his size.

Rarely do you see a guy who freezes a bit with the ball turn it around so quickly. At the start of the year he looked like the decision making aspect of the speed of AFL was too much for him.

I'm not going to pop the champagne corks yet but with a solid pre season would be interesting to see if there's another level he can get too.

What the hell dude!

Don't break character like that.

Langford is better than Jobe at the same age.

Nope, at 21 Jobe had his break out year & it was a better year than Kyle had this year - he was runner up in the B&F playing about 65% game time.

I sms'd SEN & said that he should have won the B&F by a street & the only reason he didn't was that Sheedy kept dragging him.

Having said that, I'm a huge wrap for Kyle - has some weapons that Jobe never had, particularly penetration with his kicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved how he quickly summed it up and gave the kick everything he had to ensure it was to Brown's advantage.
He's picked Brown out for some beauties the last few weeks. The game against the saints he had a bomb down the middle of the ground from our defensive 50 straight onto Browns chest to cut open their defence, and did a similar kick to brown again the next week.

Can bomb them long but they don't hang in the air and are deadly accurate. Feel very confident with him delivering inside 50

Was barely sighted in the first half but as Doss mentioned, the touches he had were meaningful. Was nice to see a goal kicking midfielder in our line up. The other thing that has also been mentioned was that his tenacity around the stoppages and ability to hunt the ball. Genuinely tracked the ball at times like a killer hunting his prey.

Look forward to him going to another level in 2019. Should be a very good role player for us for many years to come.

Well done Kyle

Was barely sighted in the first half but as Doss mentioned, the touches he had were meaningful. Was nice to see a goal kicking midfielder in our line up. The other thing that has also been mentioned was that his tenacity around the stoppages and ability to hunt the ball. Genuinely tracked the ball at times like a killer hunting his prey.

Look forward to him going to another level in 2019. Should be a very good role player for us for many years to come.

Well done Kyle
I'm sure James Hird can tell him a few stories about tracking the ball.

Well done Kyle
I don't think he will "be a very good role player for us". He will be the main man in the midfield within 12 months maybe, 24 months certainly imo.

I don't think he will "be a very good role player for us". He will be the main man in the midfield within 12 months maybe, 24 months certainly imo.

I’ve only just seen this!

There is no evidence to suggest he can go from a 12 - 18 possession a game mid to a consistent 28 possession a game mid.

Me as much as anyone, want him to be a consistent AFL player. Not sure he will ever be a top 3 mid at the club.

Back