AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see the Fritsch comparison….can play a similar role as a very smart, mid-sized leading forward. And like Fritsch he generally finishes his work.

Langford is quicker than some think - one area of improvement for him is to lose the at times laconic movement and use his quite decent speed more effectively.

I can see the Fritsch comparison….can play a similar role as a very smart, mid-sized leading forward. And like Fritsch he generally finishes his work.

Langford is quicker than some think - one area of improvement for him is to lose the at times laconic movement and use his quite decent speed more effectively.
Agree. It's when he's assessing his options that he looks a bit slower. It's the thinking time. When he needs to get to the ball he's got a decent little burst.

I think the most use of his physicality and willingness to be physical has been in marking contests when he has gone forward. He does not fear the crunch of the pack and throws himself in to mark.

Agree. It's when he's assessing his options that he looks a bit slower. It's the thinking time. When he needs to get to the ball he's got a decent little burst.

I think the most use of his physicality and willingness to be physical has been in marking contests when he has gone forward. He does not fear the crunch of the pack and throws himself in to mark.

For a guy who’s not a star he just seems to have incredible knack for just destroying guys 1 on 1 in a variety of ways.

For a long time i've kind of unconsciously regarded Langford as a barometer of the clubs fortunes. It feels true looking forward as well. I've been so disappointed by his slow progress that just gives enough each year to keep him in the picture. I've often wished he would just go one way or the other so i don't have to keep looking at him hopefully anymore.
I'm burned out. I don't think he is going to make it. I don't really think that but i'm saying it anyway. Those big soft eyes are like the under belly of the club. Slow and hopeful, and ultimately not quite good enough.
Is Langford the sort of player who will take us to a grand final or is he the sort of player that holds a club outside the top four?

What an odd post, especially after the year he had.

Based on the 17 games he played, he would've finished 2nd in the Crichton if not for the 6 games missed through injury.

What are you even judging him against when you say he's not going to make it, being a superstar in the competition or not good enough to be an AFL player?

Last edited:
Langford is nearly everything you want from an offensive wing. Compare him to the best wing of this year in Karl Amon:

20.8 vs 23.6 disposals
5.8 vs 5.9 marks
0.8 vs 0.5 goals
3.2 vs 4.7 inside 50's
0.4 goal assists apiece
0.5 vs 0 contested marks
0.8 vs 0.2 marks inside 50
1.1 vs 2.4 rebound 50's
5.5 score involvements apiece

Langford on the left and Amon on the right. I'm not saying Langford is as good as Amon, because he quite obviously isn't, but he's doing what you want as a winger. He's made the grade, and if anybody disagrees after the last two years he's produced I suspect they're watching a different game.

For a long time i've kind of unconsciously regarded Langford as a barometer of the clubs fortunes. It feels true looking forward as well. I've been so disappointed by his slow progress that just gives enough each year to keep him in the picture. I've often wished he would just go one way or the other so i don't have to keep looking at him hopefully anymore.
I'm burned out. I don't think he is going to make it. I don't really think that but i'm saying it anyway. Those big soft eyes are like the under belly of the club. Slow and hopeful, and ultimately not quite good enough.
Is Langford the sort of player who will take us to a grand final or is he the sort of player that holds a club outside the top four?

He's made it and has been making if for a long time now, odd take.

Kyle Langford

“He had a shoulder knock a couple of weeks ago and like (Jake Kelly) we didn’t want to risk it and hopefully he’ll be available next week.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like what Langford brings to the balance of our team when playing at his best but a little thing Langers might want to take from yesterday’s game is the fact that he hasn’t produced a game of raw stats that Martin produced in his first game. I think he’s played better games than Martin’s when he’s been in the heat around clearances and had an impact from the midfield but he’s got the talent to put up more 20+ possession, multiple goal-scoring performances (he’s managed two games where he’s produced 3 goals and 20+ possessions). If we can have two players who can produce these types of games then we’re in a much better position going forward. Considering where they’ve come from (from a draft perspective) he should have the pride to want to be the better of the two players.

Who was his direct opponent in the five seconds of game he managed to play yesterday before pinging the hamstring?

Was it Dangerfield perchance?
Looked like he was playing forward, so probably Stewart or Blicavs

Back