Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

I would rather they "nursed him through" this week as we need to win to stay in it, and then did the surgery next week, as I reckon we could better cover him against the Dogs.
I take your point. However, the fact of the matter is that we need to be able to beat Brisbane without him, if we consider ourselves a proper finals team. I'd rather just miss out than lose by 70 points in an elimination final. This approach gives Higgins a better chance to be in the best nick possible for finals - if, indeed, we do make it.

Higgins out for this week specifically is going to be hard.

Lions have a tough young midfield and he would probably have been the difference in that battle.

Got to back the kids in to get it done now.

Waite back helps, but thats pointless if we're not delivering i50 properly.

Does one week for an arthroscope seem light?

The time out really depends on what was done during the arthroscope. Being hopeful of a one week break only suggests to me it was extremely minor. Likely removing fluid and something floating about like an old tiny torn bit of cartilage. He probably feels better immediately and just needs the swelling to subside.

The time out really depends on what was done during the arthroscope. Being hopeful of a one week break only suggests to me it was extremely minor. Likely removing fluid and something floating about like an old tiny torn bit of cartilage. He probably feels better immediately and just needs the swelling to subside.
Agreed. The only reason it would be more than a week would be if infection occurred, but highly unlikely with the monitoring hed receive...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Removing floaters seems to be about right.

I vaguely remember something from last year about their being a couple of fragments in his knee from a previous injury.

Removing floaters seems to be about right.

I vaguely remember something from last year about their being a couple of fragments in his knee from a previous injury.

Isn't that what kept him out for most of 2016?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go into the bye and over the bye lose Jacobs and Waite indefinitely and now Higgins operated on after he ran out the game strongly.

Tanking. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Back