Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd prefer to keep him compared to what we'd get given his age.

He didn't have a great year but no reason he can't bounce back.

His professionalism and maturity is also important for our young players.
And his skills.......even though they were a bit off this year, at least it’s someone with elite skill set at training.

The spotfires continue to grow.

How much of this is us shopping players versus players wanting out?
Gonna happen when there is a clean out. Just about every player will be mentioned at some time. If Higgo wants to go chase a flag good luck to him. Don't want to lose him as he is as good a player as we have. But the club has made it clear over 30s can go in his situation. We just have to be prepared for the media criticism because right now we are soft, easy targets.

If I’m Higgo and I decided to leave, I’m not going to Geelong, I’m going back to the Kennel.

Think it could be the best fit for all parties. Toby McLean’s spot is there for at least the next year. Their age demographic makes a senior player inclusion perfect and they’re thereabouts in terms of on field.

From a NM perspective he could be packaged up with other picks for their 2020 first, given the JUH situation.

I rather be a two club player than a three club player.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If I’m Higgo and I decided to leave, I’m not going to Geelong, I’m going back to the Kennel.

Think it could be the best fit for all parties. Toby McLean’s spot is there for at least the next year. Their age demographic makes a senior player inclusion perfect and they’re thereabouts in terms of on field.

From a NM perspective he could be packaged up with other picks for their 2020 first, given the JUH situation.

Well their fans were pretty decent in wishing him luck when he left so he’d be happy to return to their welcoming arms.

Do you think you guys would trade him for a token pick in the 50s or later (similar to recent deals for Jack Steven, Luke Hodge, Sam Mitchell etc) or that you'd be pushing harder?
If all North could get is a pick 50 (in a compromised draft) I'd prefer to keep him for the remainder of his contract.

I'll take one year of leadership then a player who is probably a 15% chance of playing 100 games

It would be amusing to basically get Higgo for nothing from the Dogs and make them pay to get him back.

Anyway, I hope he stays but I think if he goes it will only be to Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I strongly suspect that bridge has been burned.

Two first rounders for a 33 year old by the time next season begins? You're delusional.

We should be happy with a 2nd rounder if he leaves and a 3rd rounder is about right.

I can’t imagine we’d be letting him go for a pick close to 50. The rumour was we’d trade him if he wanted to go and the deal was suitable.

I think if Higgins played today for them then Geelong goes into the Prelim. I personally wouldn't do the trade if I was Geelong, but I would have addressed the no ruckman and 1 key forward problem a long time ago.

I think if Higgins played today for them then Geelong goes into the Prelim. I personally wouldn't do the trade if I was Geelong, but I would have addressed the no ruckman and 1 key forward problem a long time ago.

And this is the big thing for teams at the top end, if getting a Higgins to get you a premiership what price would you pay for this?

In Geelong’s case, they have 3 first rounders so sending us a 2nd rounder is chicken feed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And this is the big thing for teams at the top end, if getting a Higgins to get you a premiership what price would you pay for this?

In Geelong’s case, they have 3 first rounders so sending us a 2nd rounder is chicken feed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who knows really, I don't really worry too much about that, I am sure Rawlings and the team will extract as much as humanly possible if and when it comes to that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back