Past #40: Brent LeCras - selected with #56 in the '03 ND - delisted at the end of the '06 season

Remove this Banner Ad

LeCras: Good leading player, isnt the traditional CHF/FF, but more of the Ryan O'Keefe style HFF in the AFL but is a 189cm KPP in the VFL. Good speed for his position and is a pretty good kick. His work rate is first rate, will work his arse off to lead and lead and lead. Not really a pack mark but is real good below his knees.

Perkins: Slow tall neither outside or inside midfielder. For me, the matches I watched, he usually got the ball around HBF. Average kick and doesnt kick many goals but will repeatedly get 25+ possies and use it alright. Basically a floating midfielder who racks up possies but does not influence the match.

LeCras is a lead up CHF with a big tank and very nice hands. Reads the footy well, nice kick. Will take double figure marks each game and can kick a bag. Not a pack mark by any means, but he presents for 100 minutes. Pretty smart footballer. A fair whack of ability.

Perkins is a very outside runner whose biggest strength without doubt is his engine. Just doesn't stop. Not a bad height, finds the footy a fair bit. Kicking is a mixed bag. Rarely poor, just not at all damaging. Plays pretty wide of his opponent which was always going to a problem, especially considering his lack of pure foot skills. Quite simmilar to Mick Stevens, without the kicking depth. Will be solid.

But LeCras really is a good signing. He will be a fantastic pick up for Port Adelaide. Really good bloke, too.

I reckon the Frenchman would have still been at North if he were 19yo and not 24yo. Gives 100% and presents all day. Will do very well in the SANFL.

Totally agree but he would never make an impact on us winning or losing games so all the best to him, IMO he will dominate in SANFL but just couldn't cut it in the big time. Talented but the timing was wrong ala Darren Bradshaw

I'd compare LeCras with Nick Riewoldt, but shorter and is better suited playing off a forward flank

Not too sure about Perkins though, never really paid much attention to him when watching the reserves play

That's why he played about half a dozen games in two years before he got delisted from a bottom team.:confused:

I'd compare LeCras with Nick Riewoldt in the fact that they can both walk.

That's why he played about half a dozen games in two years before he got delisted from a bottom team.:confused:

I'd compare LeCras with Nick Riewoldt in the fact that they can both walk.

I meant how he plays, i didnt compare him skill wise

It's very important to play teams at the right time of the season. This was the wrong the time to play the Eagles, and we got away with it last week.

I thought it was the better contested 'TOUGH game' (warts & all) than alot (media) bothered to give credit for than some other games we've played this season. The way the Blues ran rings around them before the bye just blotted their capacity to be a threat last week.

So, with Adelaide copping it, :D, makes the experts looking like dills. (again!!)

LeCras seemed to have LOVELY kick about him but no endurance.

LeCras seemed to have LOVELY kick about him but no endurance.

8 goals and 30 touches sounds like he had the endurance to play AFL.I didnt want him to go but unfortunately he didnt grab his few chances that was given to him.

8 goals and 30 touches sounds like he had the endurance to play AFL.I didnt want him to go but unfortunately he didnt grab his few chances that was given to him.

The intensity of WAFL & AFL are poles apart spurs. Jeremy Clayton won a Magarery medal in the SANFL for that matter. On the flipside, any new player trying to fit in JYD's then yet to be determined structure, was always going find it tough. Good on him for his big 8 goal haul but whether he cares to play in the 'high pressure cooker league' of the AFL.. isn't much to be bothered thinking about when he can enjoy playing footy again. Onya Bruno. :thumbsu:

The intensity of WAFL & AFL are poles apart spurs. Jeremy Clayton won a Magarery medal in the SANFL for that matter. On the flipside, any new player trying to fit in JYD's then yet to be determined structure, was always going find it tough. Good on him for his big 8 goal haul but whether he cares to play in the 'high pressure cooker league' of the AFL.. isn't much to be bothered thinking about when he can enjoy playing footy again. Onya Bruno. :thumbsu:

Oh no...you have mentioned Jeremy Clayton.:eek:

I believe he was given too few chances. He was really starting to play some really good VFL football when we got rid of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't get many chances at all, so I'm not sure he can be blamed. IMO, he just wasn't good enough for AFL footy. Not far off a level that could have seen him play say, 50 halfway decent games, but just not quite good enough for much more.

Oh no...you have mentioned Jeremy Clayton.:eek:

And???

just proves that players moved on are capable to still play footy at a lesser complex level. we've had many draft busts that isn't the case of whether their
talent wasn't up to scratch but whether they made good from opportunities/ fitted in the 'structure of the day' team formula.

Bruno was a poor mans Scott Welsh. Good hands and read the play well, but inconsistent in front of goal, undersized and a little slow for afl level.

He didn't get many chances at all, so I'm not sure he can be blamed. IMO, he just wasn't good enough for AFL footy. Not far off a level that could have seen him play say, 50 halfway decent games, but just not quite good enough for much more.

How can you not rate him if you just mentioned that he didnt get many chances at AFL level?

LeCras’ comeback decision pays off

Cervantes playing-coach Brent LeCras has rocketed to equal third on the Central Midlands Coastal Football League goal-kicking table, despite playing just four games.

The former West Perth player and North Melbourne-listed tall came out of retirement ahead of his side’s round four win over Moora, kicking two bags of eight in three games.

He was again on song up forward as the Tiger Sharks knocked off reigning premiers Jurien Bay by 69 points in Saturday’s top-of-the-table clash at Jurien Bay Sports Ground.

Cervantes playing-coach Brent LeCras’ decision to come out of retirement is getting better by the week.

The 36-year-old booted a season-high 11 majors, including eight in the final term, against an injury-hit Dandaragan in the Central Midlands Coastal Football League, but wasn’t named among the best.

LeCras, who holds the club record for most goals in a game with 18 nearly two decades ago, is second on the league’s 2018 goal-kicking tally with 35 majors in just five appearances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back