Past #41: Corey Wagner - #43 '15 National Draft - 8 NM games - one Snapchat scandal - thanks Wags

Remove this Banner Ad

Rule number one: Never post to Snapchat after a swim.
giphy.webp

Something seriously bad happened if this is true. Hard to understand as he seemed to be trending well.

His ankle injury did seem to be on the more extreme side for something like that to end his season. Does anyone have any ideas on why this is rumoured?

Apparently Wags had a contract in front of him!

During a meeting with Joyce, Scott and Buckley, Scotts asked him if he’s prepared to sign the contract in front of him. Both Buckley and Joyce interjected and stated that they had left their pens in this office next door.
Wags said “don’t worry fellas”
Stood up and stated “the PEN IS here”

Well the rest history, wag’s contract was withdrawn promptly.

Apparently Wags had a contract in front of him!

During a meeting with Joyce, Scott and Buckley, Scotts asked him if he’s prepared to sign the contract in front of him. Both Buckley and Joyce interjected and stated that they had left their pens in this office next door.
Wags said “don’t worry fellas”
Stood up and stated “the PEN IS here”

Well the rest history, wag’s contract was withdrawn promptly.
"Withdrawn"...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So some seriousness. Why the * have we got this crap on here.

How terrible and unprofessional of a club are we if we getting that we are either announcing player delists of young inured players through fans and bigfooty, or poor and pathetic we are on big footy to make this kind of thing up.

This thread is s**t. All the accusations on this guys characters is s**t. Might as well be trolls from other clubs as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
So some seriousness. Why the **** have we got this crap on here.

How terrible and unprofessional of a club are we if we getting that we are announcing either announcing player delists of young inured players through fans and bigfooty, or poor and pathetic we are on big footy to make this kind of thing up.

This thread is s**t. All the accusations on this guys characters is s**t. Might as well be trolls from other clubs as far as I can tell.

all of the players have extensive social media training for this very reason.

So some seriousness. Why the **** have we got this crap on here.

How terrible and unprofessional of a club are we if we getting that we are announcing either announcing player delists of young inured players through fans and bigfooty, or poor and pathetic we are on big footy to make this kind of thing up.

I totally agree with czero.
Give the kid a break. He's been delisted, had this confirmed this morning, and the Club has left it to social media to release the news. That's just not giving a s**t about players you don't want any more..poor form.
As for bagging him now he no longer plays for North, seriously guys, give it some thought how you would feel. I felt like s**t when my footy career came to an end and didn't need guys who had never made the grade bagging me on social media. Its a tough demand, he tried hard and just couldn't make it with North, good luck to him and his future.

Give the kid a break. He's been delisted, had this confirmed this morning, and the Club has left it to social media to release the news. That's just not giving a s**t about players you don't want any more..poor form.
As for bagging him now he no longer plays for North, seriously guys, give it some thought how you would feel. I felt like s**t when my footy career came to an end and didn't need guys who had never made the grade bagging me on social media. Its a tough demand, he tried hard and just couldn't make it with North, good luck to him and his future.
Where's the confirmation?

I'm shocked. I think he deserved another year. For all of those having a go at his attitude:
*worked his tail off in pre-season and won the North beep test this year. That is commitment and serious dedication. If only half of our players put in that much effort we'd be laughing.
*wagner put his body on the line for North against adelaide. Threw caution to the wind to try and win the ball back.

Should have been persisted with in the marley role. Good luck to Wagner.

Sorry, who are you?

Maybe the club felt it right (especially after last year) that Gibbo should have his own announcement instead of lumping him in with a kid that played 8 games? IIRC they gave Lachie the same latitude, announcing Taylor & Fordham later.

Maybe the club felt it right (especially after last year) that Gibbo should have his own announcement instead of lumping him in with a kid that played 8 games? IIRC they gave Lachie the same latitude, announcing Taylor & Fordham later.
Is there any statement from the club about his delisting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back