Past #41: Corey Wagner - #43 '15 National Draft - 8 NM games - one Snapchat scandal - thanks Wags

Remove this Banner Ad

So some seriousness. Why the **** have we got this crap on here.

How terrible and unprofessional of a club are we if we getting that we are either announcing player delists of young inured players through fans and bigfooty, or poor and pathetic we are on big footy to make this kind of thing up.

This thread is s**t. All the accusations on this guys characters is s**t. Might as well be trolls from other clubs as far as I can tell.

kind of like speculation of players in every other single professional sporting club on earth?

I totally agree with czero.
Give the kid a break. He's been delisted, had this confirmed this morning, and the Club has left it to social media to release the news. That's just not giving a s**t about players you don't want any more..poor form.
As for bagging him now he no longer plays for North, seriously guys, give it some thought how you would feel. I felt like s**t when my footy career came to an end and didn't need guys who had never made the grade bagging me on social media. Its a tough demand, he tried hard and just couldn't make it with North, good luck to him and his future.

Your profile says you're 51 years of age. There was no such thing as social media even 15 years ago. Either you have provided false information on your profile, or have falsely implied you are a reasonably recently delisted AFL player.

Not that I care, but you are shouting down at the rest of us from a high horse with this post. Frankly, there is very little bagging of him over the past few days, even from those of us who never rated him.

Perhaps the club are pissed off by the instagram post and decided that if he's going to leak the announcement before the agreed time, then why should they bother with an official one?

Your profile says you're 51 years of age. There was no such thing as social media even 15 years ago. Either you have provided false information on your profile, or have falsely implied you are a reasonably recently delisted AFL player.

Not that I care, but you are shouting down at the rest of us from a high horse with this post. Frankly, there is very little bagging of him over the past few days, even from those of us who never rated him.

Perhaps the club are pissed off by the instagram post and decided that if he's going to leak the announcement before the agreed time, then why should they bother with an official one?

Read the post, never said I was recently delisted. Yep, I was delisted 20 years ago when there wasn't guys who had absolutely no idea bagging past players on social media, lucky me. Really not sure Wags will lose much sleep knowing some guys on BF didn't rate him. At least he made the grade and can say he's played AFL? Club could be pissed with him or just think he doesn't meet their current list requirements but that doesn't mean bagging him on social media is the right thing to do.

Read the post, never said I was recently delisted. Yep, I was delisted 20 years ago when there wasn't guys who had absolutely no idea bagging past players on social media, lucky me. Really not sure Wags will lose much sleep knowing some guys on BF didn't rate him. At least he made the grade and can say he's played AFL? Club could be pissed with him or just think he doesn't meet their current list requirements but that doesn't mean bagging him on social media is the right thing to do.
Love this “ it’s wrong to bag players on social media” crap from oldies. You pretend like it didn’t happen prior to social media. There’s no difference to going down to the pub and having footy conversations, where players are always talked about. Get off your high horse.

It is better to have tried and failed then to not have tried at all ;)
Head up mate. Alas a career in social media awaits

Fair enough. Perhaps your sentence "I felt like s**t when my footy career came to an end and didn't need guys who had never made the grade bagging me on social media" is open to interpretation.

No-one is suggesting that bagging him on social media is the right thing to do.

By the same token, people like yourself are quick to bag the club for the supposed discarding of the player. Sort of seems a little hypocritical, but again, I don't really care.

In an ideal world, all delisted players would get a nice send-off. However, it may be difficult in cases where the player feels aggrieved and acts accordingly.

Fair enough. Perhaps your sentence "I felt like s**t when my footy career came to an end and didn't need guys who had never made the grade bagging me on social media" is open to interpretation.

No-one is suggesting that bagging him on social media is the right thing to do.

By the same token, people like yourself are quick to bag the club for the supposed discarding of the player. Sort of seems a little hypocritical, but again, I don't really care.

In an ideal world, all delisted players would get a nice send-off. However, it may be difficult in cases where the player feels aggrieved and acts accordingly.

I'm not bagging the Club, at the end of the day its a business with a focus of winning games to keep its supporters happy and a coach employed. If that means swapping the deckchairs to get the right players on the list, then players are going to be disappointed, fact of life.
I'm just saying that disappointment doesn't need to be compounded by slurs on social media.
I'm not sure what the Club has to lose by coming out straight away and announcing a delist. I agree we don't live in an ideal world and all players can't expect a lovely send off, but the courtesy of a "thanks and good luck" wouldn't hurt, same applies to the fans no matter how we rated him.

Bottom line is, Corey still probably made a decent wage - well into the six figure range - to live what is at best an extremely comfortable lifestyle for two years.

Most people never get the opportunities he's had. Whether his career at North is finished or not, he can still say he was given all the opportunities in the world.

If Corey has even BEEN delisted, it's not the clubs fault it leaked on social media.

Someone has loose lips, and it could even be the player himself that is the cause of it getting out there.

Laying s**t on the club for not announcing it yet is childish at best, they're not ready to announce the delisting and this could be for a number of reasons, including that the delisting is not even real.

It's the age that we live in that people have the ability to spread information faster than in the past so this is something you will have to learn to live with or you'll just be angry constantly for absolutely no reason.

Just a bunch of people trying to justify being w***ers. That's what I am seeing right now.

Suddenly everyone thinks they know everything about what has gone on inside the team and that this kid was a terrible person, or doesnt try hard enough, or whatever the rest is.

How does a kid go from being in our 22 before injured, then one of the most un-liked players on the team and has his personality trashed here.

I think its pathetic. While I was never big on the kid, clearly he was doing something right to be picked in the side. And if there is some kind of internal click forces at work inside the club that is getting all this bad info out about him, then I'd look at where that information is coming from and point my finger right there in regards to bad behavior/bad culture.

^ get off your high horse, FFS. He hasn't even been bagged much, perhaps a few suggesting some behavioural issues. Standard speculation in a delisting.

There was a page of dick jokes, too. Puerile, sure, but they obviously went over your head and you have misinterpreted them as criticism.

The dick jokes related to his first social media mistake. His second one was pre-empting the club's delisting announcement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ get off your high horse, FFS. He hasn't even been bagged much, perhaps a few suggesting some behavioural issues. Standard speculation in a delisting.

There was a page of dick jokes, too. Puerile, sure, but they obviously went over your head and you have misinterpreted them as criticism.

The dick jokes related to his first social media mistake. His second one was pre-empting the club's delisting announcement.

I agree. Someone get czero to a safe space - he is max triggered

So this is my problem is it?

Standard speculating my arse. If I seem like I'm on a high horse, its only because the other posts are from the gutter.

So this is my problem is it?

Standard speculating my arse. If I seem like I'm on a high horse, its only because the other posts are from the gutter.

Interpretation: "the dick jokes went over my head and now I'm embarrassed and annoyed, so I'll just continue to slag off other posters"

I'm not bagging the Club, at the end of the day its a business with a focus of winning games to keep its supporters happy and a coach employed. If that means swapping the deckchairs to get the right players on the list, then players are going to be disappointed, fact of life.
I'm just saying that disappointment doesn't need to be compounded by slurs on social media.
I'm not sure what the Club has to lose by coming out straight away and announcing a delist. I agree we don't live in an ideal world and all players can't expect a lovely send off, but the courtesy of a "thanks and good luck" wouldn't hurt, same applies to the fans no matter how we rated him.

Did you play any/many games in the 1's?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back