Past #41: Corey Wagner - #43 '15 National Draft - 8 NM games - one Snapchat scandal - thanks Wags

Remove this Banner Ad

He's still appearing quite regularly on the Instagram feeds of other players which i found odd but this explains it.

I feel like we never got a real chance to see what he can offer so i don't mind if he comes back.

If there isn’t a solid mature age player @ our last rookie pick then wags is worthy of an extra year.

However he really needs to be throwing up consistent number 20+ disposals as a wingman before we should even consider giving him a game. Don’t want him anywhere near the half forward line because he doesn’t offer enough as a goal kicking option

Rookie listing Wags is an absolute no brainer. Just two years ago he was worth bidding out of an academy and the Lions were apparently very upset to not be able to afford him. There's obviously some personal issues but we seem to have knocked that out of Dumont and Turner so this should be an easy one.

i tell ya what, if it has been a kick in the backside, i think its worked.
b4 the pre season started officially, i was seeing him run the running track around the maribyrnong river all the time. he looks bloody fit.

Surely he’s still got more to offer than the 120th best kid in a weak draft. Worth another year with all our delistings.

True. I was hoping we'd rookie Fishy, but I know that wasn't on the cards and now it's impossible anyway. I'm now keen for us to grab Wags so he can show us all what TennisPlayerAndy sees. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i tell ya what, if it has been a kick in the backside, i think its worked.
b4 the pre season started officially, i was seeing him run the running track around the maribyrnong river all the time. he looks bloody fit.
His work ethic can't be questioned. He went from okay to winning the club's beep test. That is impressive. His work ethic when it comes to training cannot be questioned. If that sort of training ethic rubbed off onto his teammates we'd be in a better place.

His work ethic can't be questioned. He went from okay to winning the club's beep test. That is impressive. His work ethic when it comes to training cannot be questioned. If that sort of training ethic rubbed off onto his teammates we'd be in a better place.
If that's the case, then I'd be worried if I was Wags. Working his arse off and still getting cut can only mean he's not rated as a footballer.

I confess to not really rating him as a footballer, but it's a small sample opinion, which I hope he gets the chance to invalidate (with us).

On LG-H990 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If that's the case, then I'd be worried if I was Wags. Working his arse off and still getting cut can only mean he's not rated as a footballer.

I confess to not really rating him as a footballer, but it's a small sample opinion, which I hope he gets the chance to invalidate (with us).

On LG-H990 using BigFooty.com mobile app
It is an interesting one. On the fringes and the injuries haven't helped his cause. I just don't know why everyone thinks it is a lack of commitment when all signs seem to suggest otherwise. To me it's clearly his footballing ability and injuries.

If there isn’t a solid mature age player @ our last rookie pick then wags is worthy of an extra year.

However he really needs to be throwing up consistent number 20+ disposals as a wingman before we should even consider giving him a game. Don’t want him anywhere near the half forward line because he doesn’t offer enough as a goal kicking option

I don't think he will ever be an accumulator type even at vfl level. A bit similar to turner in that he will need to work extremely hard in other areas to be a useful 15 disposal game player. Defending, pressure acts, kick goals, composure, decision making are areas he needs to start improving if he has any hope at the top level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldnt be against this. He didn't really do much wrong this year when in the side and was inlucky to get get injured. Give him a rookie spot, im sure there will not be much out there anyways

Just a simple case that others on the list took their chances and he didn't . Some of that is due to injuries, some to not displaying enough when he did play

Wouldn't be adverse to taking another chance with him on the rookie list. Up to him then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back