Past #42: Declan Mountford - delisted by NMFC on 04 October 2018 - thanks and good luck Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely if Mountford and Clarke are off, so are Hrovat and Morgan. Neither offer more than the former two.

Baffling. As others have said looked comfortable and would've only improved with more games.

Very sorry to see you go Dec (if true).

I reckon he's a good thing to get picked up by another club and will go on to have a handy career.

Meanwhile, Hrovat will continue to thank the day he walked into Brad's office unannounced and caught him f***ing a goat.

I think many people are getting too emotional here on players......if you havent laernt from the club culling Harvey, Petrie and Firrito in one foul swoop.... players are slotted /catogorized to play certain roles. ( height 182-188 cm types) if we have an abumdance in the area that mountford sits within the club then its not worth investing too much time into them.

I don't think anyone on this board isn't excited by the prospect of our midfield in 2019.

However, small forwards remain our achillies heal, we have 2 of the lower ranked smalls in the comp getting regular games.

I think Dec had the potential to be that high endurance, quick, small forward that could chime in with 20 odd goals (if given the opportunity).

Lets hope Thomas can maybe play one of those roles, however I hold reservations weather he has the raw pace to succeed in that role (Remembering he's 6"3).

I honestly don't think we saw him as a small fwd. We saw him as a mid/def and one that couldn't follow direction very well or was overly skilled disposal wise. The other two you mentioned will now be fighting for a spot in our 22 with...

Hall
Gaff
TT
Newman
Polec
Jacobs
Garner( fingers crossed)
Walker

Minus maybe Wright and Clarke, reckon Hooch and Turners days as AFL footballers are numbered.

I honestly don't think we saw him as a small fwd. We saw him as a mid/def and one that couldn't follow direction very well or was overly skilled disposal wise. The other two you mentioned will now be fighting for a spot in our 22 with...

Hall
Gaff
TT
Newman
Polec
Jacobs
Garner( fingers crossed)
Walker

Minus maybe Wright and Clarke, reckon Hooch and Turners days as AFL footballers are numbered.
I get that but even as a small defender. He did well in that role in 2017. If Marley goes down we are stuffed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's gone, I wouldnt be at all suprised that its ends up like the wells trade. We back off, they throw us marley. They back off Gaff, we throw them mountford.

If not - I don't understand the thinking. I thought he was exactly what the modern game looks like, agile, athletic, agressive tackler. Instead we got hvrovat with all the negatives of harvey with none of the positives.

Hall
Gaff
TT
Newman
Polec
Jacobs
Garner( fingers crossed)
Walker

Yes, exactly the way I see it as well.....thus prompting me to post earlier about certain types of players.

Delisted.
Lol. Muppets. Sure, our brains trust has so much ******* money they can't possibly * this years trades up, but honestly what a bunch of muppets.

I mean, I have no affiliation with the dude, I don't care who he is, or who the other blokes are, but I could name a bunch of players that are just straight out worse, or have the kind of injuries that when you look at it with a cold hard stare, shouldn't be on the list. I'm not some footy savant, but god DAMN its so clear that this guy is BETTER than our other guys in KEY areas that are critical to how the game is played now, that I start to wonder if we just have some people in the department that are just... bad.

Lol. Muppets. Sure, our brains trust has so much ******* money they can't possibly **** this years trades up, but honestly what a bunch of muppets.

I mean, I have no affiliation with the dude, I don't care who he is, or who the other blokes are, but I could name a bunch of players that are just straight out worse, or have the kind of injuries that when you look at it with a cold hard stare, shouldn't be on the list. I'm not some footy savant, but god DAMN its so clear that this guy is BETTER than our other guys in KEY areas that are critical to how the game is played now, that I start to wonder if we just have some people in the department that are just... bad.

Am sure the "others " you speak of are contracted Dec isn't.

Hall
Gaff
TT
Newman
Polec
Jacobs
Garner( fingers crossed)
Walker

Walker? I mean, is walker better than mountford?

Why isnt turner gone, or rat, or even I'd say Garner (cmon guys, dead horse - lets not flog it for the sake of a dream - we lost a great one, but he's done.)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back