Retired #43: Anthony "Walla" McDonald-Tipungwuti - Will play his last game this weekend - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

i think I speak for a lot of non-Essendon supporters when I say that Walla was everyone’s favourite player, especially this non-Essendon fan.
May the next stage of his life be as bountiful as his highlights reel that thrilled anyone who had an interest in the game.
go well Anthony and thank you.

Just reflecting on him as a player….

Will brag a little and say I called him as AFL quality early in his VFL stint.

• Textbook ball drop. Maybe the purest kicking action we have seen and supurb touch on his field kicking.
  • Super clean below his knees.
  • Pace and power combo
  • Unbelievable awareness around goal. Mind like a computer and his first movement was always the right one and set up the easiest shot for goal possible
  • Impossible to evade when he was “up”
  • His best was probably as good as that of any small forward of his era

My oppo mates sound more disappointed than I am. Testament to how much people loved watching him play.

Can't help but feel like it was an early call, but we'll never truly know now.

Only thing I can hope for is that a weight has been lifted off his shoulders and he can pursue something that he's able to do with full effort.

Loved all the memories.

Just reflecting on him as a player….

Will brag a little and say I called him as AFL quality early in his VFL stint.

• Textbook ball drop. Maybe the purest kicking action we have seen and supurb touch on his field kicking.
  • Super clean below his knees.
  • Pace and power combo
  • Unbelievable awareness around goal. Mind like a computer and his first movement was always the right one and set up the easiest shot for goal possible
  • Impossible to evade when he was “up”
  • His best was probably as good as that of any small forward of his era

Take a number pal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you don’t mind me posting, but just wanted to express my sadness after hearing this news. Such a fantastic player, genuine loss for the game.
Hope he finds peace and fulfilment in the next chapter of life.
Much respect.

Absolutely Devo, you could see it coming but geez it still hurt.
Can hold his head up high in what he has achieved not only on the footy field but in life, not only a great football player but a great person.
Will miss watching those 100 metre run down tackles from an excitment machine.

You know you had something special when opposition supporters are sad to see an an Essendon player retire.

Surely sitting there seeing that from Walla would make you come out tomorrow night breathing fire. Wish he was running out with the boys one more time 😞
what can we all do to show our appreciation, that's what I wanna know.

Indigenous round is the absolute perfect time to get around him.

shoulda named him medi sub :grimacing:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back