Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

Last night he had a GCS player static, hemmed against the boundary line and CZ runs in, hits him across the bicep with a swinging arm and the oppo just runs off and it’s another attack launched from our back half.

Even my wife laughed and asked “why didn’t he tackle him”…. So bloody frustrating. Cant help but think if George was in that position he would have tackled him into the second row!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This thread reminds me of the McKay thread of last season. The moment it looks as if one of our players is out the door a myriad of Turkeys turn on said player. :stern look

Zurhaar has been disappointing this year. But so have almost every other player on the list who is a Senior Type. Have we had one Senior Player this season who has been good for us? :stern look

We will still be picking mids and forget to pick quality KPF talent. If it hasn’t happened once on 6 years then it never will happen. And maybe you can trade in KPP when you were at Hawthorn, Clarkson, but you are now coaching at the smallest and weakest and most hated team in the land, where we usually have to pay 150-200% to bring anything in.

Not drafting KPF early has to have been one of the dumbest collective decisions made by our club.
still haunts me and boggles my mind that after we traded ben ben brown, that we went on to draft will phillips when logan mcdonald was still available.

still haunts me and boggles my mind that after we traded ben ben brown, that we went on to draft will phillips when logan mcdonald was still available.
The plan was to stack the midfield then bring in KPFs via trade or free agency.

great plan if you’re a big club, have you seen some of the crap that we draw to our club lately? polec, pittard, williams, stephens, stephenson. yes i know they aren’t KPF but fmd what a ridiculous plan.

Clarkson was a huge get. People forget that. As big of a signing than any player.

If he is going to fly the white flag, I reckon Clarko should play him in the back pocket for shits and giggles to see how pissed off he can make him.

Who do we play in the VFL this week? Maybe Cam needs reminding that playing at the highest level is a privilege and not a right?

If he goes back and sooks it up at VFL level, then at least you have your answer.

Drop him. Faux tough guy, selfish footballer and by no means a leader.
A stupid as it sounds in our situation, it actually makes perfect sense.

If he goes back to the VFL and sooks it up, you know where you stand.

If he goes back, rips it up and gives real effort, maybe there is something to salvage?

Nothing more than a poor man’s Jake stringer….now that’s a massive insult……

The plan was to stack the midfield then bring in KPFs via trade or free agency.
It wasn't an impossible plan if the mids we selected came on like we'd hoped. Start improving and you might attract a solid contested KF to complement Larkey.

Unfortunately it hasn't happened and we're back to square one.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't an impossible plan if the mids we selected came on like we'd hoped. Start improving and you might attract a solid contested KF to complement Larkey.

Unfortunately it hasn't happened and we're back to square one.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Midfielders also develop more quickly and should have more an immediate impact, which we have seen with Sheezel.

It's just that they don't have any senior support beyond LDU and Simpkin, who are maybe having their own issues. Let's also not forget that we have lost Thomas, who would have been our best player had he been a model professional.

Pull that 5 years off the table immediately. 2 years at most otherwise see ya later.

No, that would be very professional and make future recruitment very difficult.

The 5 year deal was a tactical decision to ensure he leaves on a similar price for us to get a high compo.

I was thrilled when he signed on last time, but honestly if he goes I don't think he will be a huge loss. I could count his impactful games from the last three seasons on one hand. Too bipolar of a footballer for my liking. (i hope I don't offend anyone by using that term) but I think it's fairly apt for Cam. Unfortunately this season we have pretty much only seen his down days. At the moment he's getting paid big coin and is giving us nada.

great plan if you’re a big club, have you seen some of the crap that we draw to our club lately? polec, pittard, williams, stephens, stephenson. yes i know they aren’t KPF but fmd what a ridiculous plan.
last year we had Logue and Bmac down back and Larkey forward with chom or CCJ, 3/4 of the main KPP were top teir or very capable, and we were as shite as ever.

KPPs aren't going to turn it around. the midfield is the area getting smashed and needs to be a focus. if you can't win it or break even there then the game is lost.

last year we had Logue and Bmac down back and Larkey forward with chom or CCJ, 3/4 of the main KPP were top teir or very capable, and we were as shite as ever.

KPPs aren't going to turn it around. the midfield is the area getting smashed and needs to be a focus. if you can't win it or break even there then the game is lost.
We had Goldie as well.

Nothing more than a poor man’s Jake stringer….now that’s a massive insult……

Was thinking exactly the same.

Gave this guy a lifeline via the rookie draft (and now have a 5 year deal in front of him) and I think the AFL hype has gone to his head.

Almost at a stage where I want to see him go, see what we can get for him. Seems mostly interested in padding his highlight reel than doing the team thing.

Yeah we all know he's home almost playing injury free footy so he's right for wherever he is next year. He is not helping the so called team improvement and success pfft.

Honestly can we just fold now. Or offer to be the Tassie team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back