Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably sick of losing. The same as the rest of our players. None of us know what it feels like to have to go to work every day and be under-performing. Getting grilled every week from randoms and half-wits behind a screen. Losing Tarryn ****ed us big time.
Most of that I agree with but you lost me at the Tarryn Thomas bit. It's a shame to have lost that on field talent, but in the long run we can do without continual **** ups.

View attachment 1998945
I've always noticed that he has that disinterested look on his face when interacting with fans and it shits me. I understand the limelight isn't for everyone and that he's probably a bit more introverted than his appearance suggests but surely it isn't too much to ask to smile at someone who clearly admires you.

I've always noticed that he has that disinterested look on his face when interacting with fans and it shits me. I understand the limelight isn't for everyone and that he's probably a bit more introverted than his appearance suggests but surely it isn't too much to ask to smile at someone who clearly admires you.
Won't be a popular take but reminds me of playing days Schwass.

Often came across aloof and slightly condescending with supporters.

Looking back it was probably a much higher level of introversion and insecurity than appeared to the naked eye.

Looking back it was probably a much higher level of introversion and insecurity than appeared to the naked eye.
I was thinking something similar when I read that comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching some of the podcast interviews he's done made me think he's nothing like the "raging bull" bigger-than-life persona some have attached to him. Frankly I often feel he has some degree of depression, but that's probably projection. At the very least he is far, far more comfortable sitting down with a few friends than he is with random supporters or looking down the barrel of a camera.

shrug

Ultimately I'm not mad at him for wanting/expecting more from the team and being one step out the door, I'm just disappointed that for whatever reason he is unable to bring the intensity and fundamentals that would contribute to that improvement. Doubly so because I was proud of his approach to the last offseason.

Just watching some of the podcast interviews he's done made me think he's nothing like the "raging bull" bigger-than-life persona some have attached to him. Frankly I often feel he has some degree of depression, but that's probably projection. At the very least he is far, far more comfortable sitting down with a few friends than he is with random supporters or looking down the barrel of a camera.

shrug

Ultimately I'm not mad at him for wanting/expecting more from the team and being one step out the door, I'm just disappointed that for whatever reason he is unable to bring the intensity and fundamentals that would contribute to that improvement. Doubly so because I was proud of his approach to the last offseason.
"I'm not angry, I'm disappointed ".....heard that a few times in my life.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Has our highest average tackles inside 50 of any of our regular forwards, too.
Can't say that surprises me actually.

Larkey
Curtis
Stephenson
Duursma
Ford

Not exactly a murderes row of tacklers there. Curtis maybe as long as he didn't have to chase more than a metre or two.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yes but apparently he isn't trying
Given when we do have stoppage I50 he is prominent at all of them he has the opportunity to tackle more than most.

As for his personality comparable to Schwass, Schwatter wasn’t born with the same silver spoon in his mouth that Cam was.

His old man is loaded while Schwatter had a lot of struggles getting where he got to.

That’s where I’m so disappointed in Cam that he doesn’t step up and BE part of the solution.

Looking for “The Club” to show him why he should stay, when he’s in the privileged position of having played 100 games now, makes him the largest part of the problem.

He is the flipping club. He’s the fabric and his heart is made of tissue paper right now while he takes a wait and see approach - it’s embarrassing.

Don’t see McDonald or Simpkin, who people bag the crap out of, not giving 100 per cent effort both on the field and in attempting to support their teammates.

And I’ve never heard a single young player praise Cam for taking care of them, or helping them learn the ropes.

Why is Jaidyn Stephenson and not this bloke mentoring Duursma.

Time for this bloke to grow the hell up and become the leader he is capable of being by bringing intensity and fire - and long-term commitment - to the table.

Otherwise just move on now.

Schwatta was on the gear, that’s probably why he was the way he was

Remove this Banner Ad

Back