Past #44: Cruize Garlett - delisted at end of 2012 season after rejecting 1yr contract extension from NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Not judging him either way but that Facebook page looks completely different today than a few days ago......many pics taken down

What was so bad that was on there a few days ago for everyone to be paying out on him now over it?

On the back of the West today had a Pic of him with a can of beer in his hand and a smoke.I hope North go after him in the Rookie Draft and get the boys around him.Needs to get out of WA and grow up.We could be the club to do that.

Maybe he bats for the other team and clubs dont like that he isnt going to hide it.

90ad9322_wtf-are-you-talking-about.jpg

Puts to bed all conspiracy theories about whoosh or Lyon getting in his ear. I swear every WC pick I was 'Garlett, surely this one.' Nup. Then, 'yep this one, bastards got the steal of the draft right here.' Then nup again. Astonishing.

Hopefully its a wake-up call that goes right throughout the land.

go and have a read of his thread on the draft page here,some interesting comments there if true would explain quite a bit,

Saw him at the Leedy on Wednesday night, was absolutely wrecked at 9 oclock

any club that drafts this kid has rocks in there head.
he has'nt bothered to turn up to pre season with Swans yet
Let his team mates down all year with getting pissed regularly. not training, missing sessions etc etc
Has been seen out on numerous occasions ALL year , off his face ( has he been drug tested ?????? )
Has done some things that should have seen him locked up earlier in the year. ( those in the know , will know )
IF you think that moving interstate will fix things , you obviously don't know how the aboriginal culture works, the rest of his family and mates will follow him.

PLUS it makes a complete mockery of the clean image etc etc that the AFL is trying to promote if the clubs ignore the standards required by everyone else.

Leave him at Swans for another year to give him a chance to show he has REALLY changed. He might gain some respect then from his fellow team mates !!

Doesn't sound good at all.

Worse part is, this becomes a 'see, why even bother' moment. His friends are probably loving it because now they feel better about being failures themselves. Well maybe failures is a bit harsh, having low aspirations is probably what I meant.

It'd drive you mad seeing the whole country talk about you like this too. The only way a kid is going to deal with it is to pretend they don't care. Act tough. So what do you do then -everything you shouldn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw Cruize arriving at Brisbane airport, waiting for some connection flight. Probably north Qld I'd say. Doesn't look like he is hanging around for the draft...

He didn't have to leave.

It's not like we didn't have some sort of contract on the table, on the senior list as well.

So if he wanted it that bad, he'd still be an AFL listed player.

Good luck to him though, I hope the dockers or the eagles take a punt on him.

I'd argue he only had one poor game this AFL season.

I have been a huge supporter of Garlett over the years but you have to call a spade a spade, when you get 4 decent cracks and two are abysmal then you are a borderline AFL player, which is where Cruize was hovering. He was probable offered a one year deal and he wasn't on the path that was going to lead to an AFL dream. Cruize probably saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to go through the motions, good on him. Why go through all that effort for nothing.

He just couldn't translate the VFL form into AFL form, consistently enough. He is not going to force out Swallow or Adams or Ziebell, he needed to bring something else to the table, or something more than a solid backup stoppage role with no hurt value. The way he plays had value to us, as a backup if other players got hurt/suspended but he was capable of a whole lot more than that and it is disappointing he never played with the flare he is capable of.

Cruize was a much more talented player than he showed at AFL level. Some of his NB games were awesome. But as soon as Garner, Gysberts, Jacobs, etc establish themselves he would have been cactus because Cunnington provides that extra inside mid and the other boys have physical attributes Cruize will never have. Even if he took the contract it would have been unlikely he would have been on our list beyond next year.

Irrespective of what might have happened had he accepted a one year extension, I do not understand the thinking of these players who are offered one year and want more than that. Had he taken it up who is say what might have transpired. We might this coming year have as bad a year injury wise as we had a good one this year and he might have got a good run at it.

If nothing else at the end of next year, if he was still in the system, there might be a chance of a trade elsewhere.

If it has been good enough for Boomer to sign 5 (or is it now 6) one year extensions in a row then surely it would have been good enough for Cruize.

If he made this decision on his own, then he was a very silly boy. If his manager advised him to do it then he should flick the manager.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back