Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 10: Everything's 'Peachy...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is that Trump sought that reaction.

From the start, he went out of his way to be controversial and to polarise opinion, to say nothing of his obvious character flaws and corrupt conduct. And in office, he has played exclusively to his base while heavy-handedly eroding norms at home and abroad. People like Steve Bannon (and you?) welcome this. They like the fact he's a "disrupter". So you can't then claim to be bemused by the reaction. Because the reaction is baked into his approach, which is explicitly designed to provoke.

Obama was the opposite. He bent over backwards to be conciliatory. He was left-leaning on social issues but more or less centrist in policy, and in temperament and approach his impulse was to seek consensus. He was entirely within the mainstream of modern US politics. In light of that, the fearmongering around him remains inexplicable, unless you sheet it all home to racism, which seems to me an oversimplification.

You didn't answer my question: did you clap when Trump promoted birtherism? That example alone highlights the differences between Trump and Obama. So of course people object to Trump for doing s**t like that. On the other hand, what did Obama do that warranted such reaction?

You're not skilled enough to execute this pivot.

My criticisms of Trump are not my criticisms of BoJo and Morrison. Don't conflate.

Johnson has the opportunity to be a successful PM. He's not Trump, despite whatever the "new right" fanboys want to claim. He'd be too left-wing for the current GOP. So how much common ground do you want to claim? Is your kindergarten "new right" worldview aligned with Trump or Johnson? Because they're not the same.

Morrison just strikes me as a non-factor who inherited the leadership by default and then held out an unconvincing challenger. Even within the party, he was the 4th choice? Seems quite telling.
You need to forget about the past and deal in the present. Don’t make me have to tell Maggie5 that you have an obsession with Obama in the Trump thread.

Pence. And then if he gets impeached for Ukraine stuff, Pelosi.

Civil war would probably break out if that happened.

Might break out regardless, ah the states! The land of milk n honey full of promise..................... there's something wrong here.

And here we are complaining about our own backyard (myself excluded) :tearsofjoy:

The difference between Trump and the democrats couldn't be more stark. At the exclusion of all else the democrats have spent 3 years pursuing impeachment. What an eyewatering investment by Americans!!

Meanwhile while drinky drinky Polozi hands out imeachment celebrationary pens, Trump stares down Iran, signs a breakthrought trade agreement with China and has the US economy booming. So much winning!!

It's not illegal.

On the other hand, when the president uses military aid to induce a foreign government to investigate a political opponent, that is obviously illegal.

Consider the radical new standard it would create if that was allowed. Would you be cool with Trump asking KJU or Xi Jinping to use their hackers to aid his campaign and dangling carrots in return?

As a principled conservative, presumably you're against this radical new standard and the erosion of sovereignty.

On the other hand, if it's fine, why deny it and cover it up?

We've established you have no real arguments to this beyond "nah whatever, don't care".
Did Hunter have a board room position in North Korea too? There is no end to the corruption of these Bidens. And your saying no one can investigate this as Joe is running for President? That's genius! bully bully.

Last edited:
So you didn't read the report yourself?

You guys love to cite institutional expertise when it suits but otherwise prefer to ignore it.

It wasn't Mueller's purview to provide definitive rulings.

The fact Barr waved it all away doesn
It's interesting that you question that information based on where it's come from...

But OAN, you don't just believe it... you promote it.
So which media outlets should we pay attention to? Please don’t list any that yelled “Muh Russia” for 2.5 years as that was fake news.

So which media outlets should we pay attention to? Please don’t list any that yelled “Muh Russia” for 2.5 years as that was fake news.
If you are using OAN as a source you are a long way from reality and informed discussion. And if you need that pointed out to you, your critical thinking skills need a lot of work.

Last edited:
Democrats have no chance unless they run either Polesi or Schumer as their main candidate.

Fate has it they are Trumps true nemesis's. No one else will be able to get the job done

Democrats have no chance unless they run either Polesi or Schumer as their main candidate.

Fate has it they are Trumps true nemesis's. No one else will be able to get the job done
Hillary will go again - just released a documentary on Hulu - timing reeks of another run. Obama of the Michelle kind a break glass in case of emergency possibility also. Can't see any current candidates making a dent, although Bernie has a rabbid base.

Surely leg hair, corn-pop quid pro quo Joe, where's Hunters father is not a viable option. I dont think he'll survive 4 more years, let alone as President, the guy's in bad shape.

Not sure how Schumer and Pelosi are Trumps nemesis also.....

Did Hunter have a board room position in North Korea too? There is no end to the corruption of these Bidens. And your saying no one can investigate this as Joe is running for President? That's genius! bully bully.
But it's cool to pay an ex British spy to make up 'opposition research' and leak via the media to gain Fisa warrants to spy on the opposition's campaign - wowee, less corruption, and on the spot rule creation for either side in my family's annual monopoly games.

Hillary will go again - just released a documentary on Hulu - timing reeks of another run. Obama of the Michelle kind a break glass in case of emergency possibility also. Can't see any current candidates making a dent, although Bernie has a rabbid base.

Surely leg hair, corn-pop quid pro quo Joe, where's Hunters father is not a viable option. I dont think he'll survive 4 more years, let alone as President, the guy's in bad shape.

Not sure how Schumer and Pelosi are Trumps nemesis also.....

America loves grandpa Presidents. No way they are voting for a grandma president.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Trump thinks they would be handy if they invade Endor
For you Russian Bots , Endor is a fictional place from a movie series called Starwars which is also fictional.

Breaking news: Fox has insight into the new terrorist hideout of Endor, Democrats are helping fund their efforts!

I wonder how the Space part actually works? Does it mean, like, ALL of Space? America just called dibs on...Space?

Breaking news: Fox has insight into the new terrorist hideout of Endor, Democrats are helping fund their efforts!

I wonder how the Space part actually works? Does it mean, like, ALL of Space? America just called dibs on...Space?
Covering all the bases?
Like Ivankas trademarks in china

Imagine spending tax payer money on camo uniforms for...A space force.

AMERICA!

Is going here a prerequisite to joining?

The movie's on YouTube!

Imagine spending tax payer money on camo uniforms for...A space force.

AMERICA!

Many members of the navies and airforces of the world wear camo, even on board a ship or jet. It's a uniform.

Strange arguments mate. Does having an airforce mean calling dibs on the entire earth's atmosphere?

More "boy who cried wolf" stuff!

Did Hunter have a board room position in North Korea too?
No. What's your point?

If a sitting president is allowed to outsource the investigation of political rivals to foreign governments, using military aid as an inducement, that would create a radical new standard.

As per my hypothetical example, would people be OK with a president going to KJU or Xi Jinping and asking for them to investigate an opponent? That cannot be deemed above board.

And your saying no one can investigate this as Joe is running for President? That's genius! bully bully.
The US justice department can investigate. Isn't that how it would normally work?

I'm saying the investigation should not be outsourced to a foreign government at the behest of the president using military aid as the carrot. That is obviously corrupt and it's illegal for obvious reasons.

Is going here a prerequisite to joining?

The movie's on YouTube!

You need to have a lot of space between your ears.

Many members of the navies and airforces of the world wear camo, even on board a ship or jet. It's a uniform.

Strange arguments mate. Does having an airforce mean calling dibs on the entire earth's atmosphere?

More "boy who cried wolf" stuff!

They need a Star Force, so they can wage war ON THE SUN ITSELF, THE FALSE IDOL OF HERETICS AND THE BRINGER OF CANCER!

The difference between Trump and the democrats couldn't be more stark. At the exclusion of all else the democrats have spent 3 years pursuing impeachment. What an eyewatering investment by Americans!
You don't dispute that Trump did what he is accused of doing. So how is impeachment not legitimate?

Do you think the president should be above the law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back