Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 15: "Like a miracle, it will disappear."

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Mod Notice

This thread will be monitored actively for posters who drag down the quality of posting for all others, and they will have their access to the thread removed.

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed. These are a conversational barrier and fall-back point for people to simply sling mud. That's unacceptable. Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.

As always, please submit ideas for the thread title by tagging me! Winner announced when I get around to it.

Joe Biden, 46th President Thread is over there ->

Presidential Election Aftermath thread is here:

Last edited by a moderator:
A discussion on the worth of the Vietnam War is getting pretty mightily off topic, but unquestionably Ho Chi Minh and the Communist Party had the support of the vast majority of Vietnamese people, but American involvement from the get go (supporting France’s efforts to recolonise) only worsened matters and heightened tensions between factions

When the North and South was divided nearly a million people fled to the South to escape the type of persecution that led to over half a million deaths under Viet Minh rule. With military backing from China and Russia, the Viet Minh were seeking total control and plenty in the South did not want that, for good reason. I'm not defending the US intervention, I just find your characterisation of that war as "the slaughter of people defending their emerging country" a perversion.

Yeah but a smart judge would see through that.

But Trump has been doing this sort of thing constantly. Bullying and threatening and promising rewards to people he wants to commit crimes.

Agree with this. In relation to the recording, I don't really see what the fuss is all about. Sure, it's absolutely disgraceful, criminal behaviour from an elected official, but we all know that's now the standard for Trump. Why get upset about this one criminal action, given his whole tenure as president has been replete with this sort of behaviour?

He didn’t support the war and so he didn’t go. I don’t think it’s particularly admirable, and undoubtedly people did far more. But it’s Donald Trump, I’d be shocked if he had joined the protests and marched in the streets. But as an act it’s pretty much the definition of neutral, not a point worthy of derision, especially when there were people who behaved far worse who have been celebrated.

Trump is more coward than pacifist.

Trump supporters are even dumber than I thought if they believe otherwise.

I just listened to the whole tape. Oh my god he is certifiably insane. You could tell those who he was haranguing were too scared to push back. Very gutless from them.

I listened to Brian Kemp on Fox earlier. They asked him about Trunp’s barrage against him, citing all the insulting names he has been called, and Kemp couldn’t be complimentary of Trump.

WTF is with these people?

I listened to Brian Kemp on Fox earlier. They asked him about Trunp’s barrage against him, citing all the insulting names he has been called, and Kemp couldn’t be complimentary of Trump.

WTF is with these people?
They have to be employable to someone after politics and the only option they have is something related to Trump. They have made their bed and have to lay in it

I just listened to the whole tape. Oh my god he is certifiably insane. You could tell those who he was haranguing were too scared to push back. Very gutless from them.
They were letting him run off at the mouth. Old trick. Leave questions and accusations hanging in the air. Let the other person reveal information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back