Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 15: "Like a miracle, it will disappear."

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Mod Notice

This thread will be monitored actively for posters who drag down the quality of posting for all others, and they will have their access to the thread removed.

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed. These are a conversational barrier and fall-back point for people to simply sling mud. That's unacceptable. Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.

As always, please submit ideas for the thread title by tagging me! Winner announced when I get around to it.

Joe Biden, 46th President Thread is over there ->

Presidential Election Aftermath thread is here:

Last edited by a moderator:

So dodgy this joe Biden..

Loathe to give clout to a poster's spamming, but it isn't the Vice President of the United States' role to dictate domestic policy in Ukraine, let alone to this extent where he's getting a prosecutor fired. Irrespective of the truth of the Hunter emails, the US does not have the right to rule over everyone (and is why, for those who come in here asking why anyone cares about the American election, this is important, as the US regularly does, while complaining that Russia doing the same is a unique bridge too far). It's naive to think they suddenly cared about good governance in Ukraine, all the while supporting the range of US aligned despots from the Gulf states to Latin America.

So dodgy this joe Biden..

rofl. Haven't seen this before - the smoking gun at last! :tearsofjoy:

Joe so out of it he didn't realise it wasn't a great idea to reveal the details of his secret nefarious master plan to a listening crowd via microphone. Probably didn't even realise there were cameras in the room!

Get back to spamming videos of Steve Bannon and his Chinese mate, you were making more sense :tearsofjoy:

So we can place you in the ‘dead set c***s‘ camp.

I'm not sure what I've said to put me in the "dead set campaigner" camp, but apologise if I've been abusive or rude or out of line to you (or anyone else here!) - I know that political discussion can too easily slip from ideological debate into petty, personal attacks.

There has been no proof provided of this being Russian disinformation, but the claim has been used with effect to discredit the story. Which should be of concern, in that we could see a Democratic presidency being the inverse of what we've just seen with Trump, where every uncomfortable news story can just be batted away with fake news, and an audience receptive to wanting to believe that will lap it up (to make it clear, I'm only referring to the Burisma part of the story - the drug addiction aspect is not a public interest story and typical grubby Murdoch journalism).

It's pretty much the par the course, routine corruption of Washington (and most similar states). Compared to the Trump family, it's quite tame really. But it's yet further evidence of an inherently flawed system, and we don't need to pretend it's good in order to want Biden to beat Trump. Pretending it doesn't exist doesn't help anyone in the long run, and only adds to the cynicism in the entire system that led to Trump being elected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess someone might have hacked Burisma's #2 and sent a fake email to Hunter thanking him for setting up the meeting with Joe. I mean, theres 40,000 emails, pictures, texts and stuff but yeah, it all could have been set up.

Not the point I was making.

Say its all true, legit - and Rudy has more. Whats the calculus in waiting another week to release it? Surely they'd want to dissuade as many potential Biden voters as possible? A whole heap of them would be voting this week, as per the record early voting numbers we're seeing.

Not good for Joe Biden if true.

Seems legit :tearsofjoy:

Seems legit :tearsofjoy:

His efforts include releasing edited audiotapes that purport to document improprieties by Joe Biden in his dealings as vice president with the Ukrainian government.

Giuliani, who spent months promoting allegations about Biden and Ukraine, has played a critical role drawing public attention to Derkach and his claims.”

No Russian links. None!

Except for all the links to Russia.

Loathe to give clout to a poster's spamming, but it isn't the Vice President of the United States' role to dictate domestic policy in Ukraine, let alone to this extent where he's getting a prosecutor fired. Irrespective of the truth of the Hunter emails, the US does not have the right to rule over everyone (and is why, for those who come in here asking why anyone cares about the American election, this is important, as the US regularly does, while complaining that Russia doing the same is a unique bridge too far). It's naive to think they suddenly cared about good governance in Ukraine, all the while supporting the range of US aligned despots from the Gulf states to Latin America.
As previously posted.

Dec. 8, 2015 – Vice President Biden makes a speech to Ukraine’s Parliament urging the country to step up anti-corruption measures. In a speech covered widely in news media, Biden implores Ukrainian lawmakers to move more quickly to fight the country’s “historic battle against corruption” and “make real the Revolution of Dignity.”

March 29 2016 - the Ukraine Parliament voted overwhelmingly to approve President Poroshenko’s recommendation to dismiss Prosecutor General Shokin, who was widely criticized for turning a blind eye to corrupt practice. There was general approval within the international community. The Kyiv Post wrote “By the end of his term, he was likely one of the most unpopular figures in Ukraine, having earned a bad reputation for inaction and obstructing top cases.”

The release of the readout of the July 2019 phone call between President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky made it clear that Trump encouraged Zelensky to have his government work with AG Barr to launch an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden’s role in the firing of the former Ukrainian prosecutor (Shokin).

Attorney General William Barr has never asked for a joint investigation into Burisma or Hunter Biden (as affirmed by Ruslan Ryaboshapka, Ukrainian prosecutor) because there was no there there. Hunter Biden had no input in funding Burisma’s start up, or ‘unlawful enrichment’ through stealing Ukraine assets.

Despite repeated requests from Trump and Giuliani, Barr and the DOJ have not requested an FBI investigation into Hunter Biden.

[The concerns from the European Union, IMF, USA etc about the Ukraine prosecutor ‘sitting on his hands’, stem from the investigation into the funding schemes used to form Burisma Holdings in 2002 by Mykola Zlochevskiy’s (who had served as a Cabinet minister under former pro-Russian Presidents Leonid Kuchma and Yanukovych. Both administrations had been suspected of corruption). There were reasonable grounds for a belief that Zlochevsky’s assets were acquired through ‘unlawful enrichment’ whilst in public office and the U.K. authorities (Serious Fraud Office) had seized 32 million AUD in ‘illicit’ assets.

State Department official George Kent (who was working in co-ordination with DOJ) subsequently testified: “That was an issue of our interest because we had made a commitment to the Ukrainian Government in 2014 to try to recover an estimated tens of billions of dollars of stolen assets out of the country. The first case that U.S., U.K., and Ukrainian investigators worked on was a case against Zlochevsky.”]

Last edited:

Oh, no doubt US actions like this in Ukraine and elsewhere are all motivated by their own interests, very valid discussion to be had about them getting involved in the first place. But thats a separate discussion from any illegality re: Biden - fact remains that it was official US policy he was carrying out in this case, in-line with the stated desires of the IMF and EU.

That video has been run and run and run for almost 2 years like it means something or is bad for Biden. It simply doesn't and isn't, posting it yet again now is the height of hilarity. Not that maryjames is on his own there, watched a bit of one of the video's he posted, even Sky News referenced it again - I stopped watching at that point lol.

Last edited:
Not the point I was making.

Say its all true, legit - and Rudy has more. Whats the calculus in waiting another week to release it?
Its smart by team Trump. Keeps this scandal in the news cycle for the entirety of the next three weeks to make it harder for Twitter, Facebook and 90% of the MSS to kill the story.

Twitter and Facebook have a date with the senate this week so they might not be able to disinfect the next drop and waiting until a week after the next debate is also smart as Trump will hammer Biden on this point, live in front of the world. People will have a week of digesting the debate performances before BAM another revelation of Bidens corruption.

Wait .. so about 10 people around here can hate on trump but one poster post facts and it’s spam.
Can’t handle it. Can’t handle that President Trump will win and Biden is corrupt.
And the name calling.. again..
So you disagree that trump is not popular and Biden Family are not dodgy?
What a waste of time reading your ridiculous and cynical posts. I'm normally reluctant to put anyone on ignore, but you qualify.

Its smart by team Trump. Rudy wants to keep this scandal in the news cycle for the entirety of the next three weeks even while Twitter, Facebook and 90% of the MSM have tried desperately to kill the story. Dripping it out makes it harder to dismiss.

Twitter and Facebook have a date with the senate this week so they might not be able to disinfect the next drop and waiting until a week after the next debate is also smart as Trump will hammer Biden on this point, live in front of the world. People will have a week of digesting the debate performances before BAM another revelation of Bidens corruption.

Hmm. Pretty fine needle to thread there, might end up too clever by half.

I'm normally reluctant to put anyone on ignore, but you qualify.

I've never put anyone in ignore, but thought about it. Decided nah, the comedy factor is too great. maryjames in full flight is really something to behold.

Hope there's a few extra rubles in their pay packet this month, dude is doing the work :tearsofjoy:

Hmm. Pretty fine needle to thread there, might end up too clever by half.
There's already enough out there right now to hang Joe. Americans are going to the polls knowing that he is a crook who is in the pocket of the CCP. However people are influenced by news cycles so the trick is to keep the hot issues up in the publics mind. The media sure as hell wont do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back