Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 4 (cont in pt 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean that stop holding out hope that there is some magic anti-trump bullet. There isn't.
Instead why not just appreciate that the guy is doing what he thinks is best for his country - and it's working.

Record low unemployment, massive wins in fighting crime, diminishment of isis, removal of corrupt politicians et al,
record job growth, record black employment etc etc

Well, some things are working. Some are not. But you are correct that there will not be any "anti trump bullet" and while his communication methods are not conventional, it is now time to focus more on policy and outcomes rather than the past (russian crap) or slagging off various media (yes trump does not help in that regard as he participates in the whole fakenews buffonery when he doesn't like the coverage).

It's the law of diminishing returns with replacements too, nobody with any long term aspirations in politics wants a spell in the Trump White House on their CV now. It'll all be chancers and yes men from here on in.

It was like this at the start of the Administration too. They're hiring the real dregs now.

To all of the anti trump brigade, who are their number one candidates for the top job?
Its still quite some time out , but assuming Trump makes it to polling day

And even one of Trump's better polls — from NBC News and the Wall Street Journal — showed that just 36 percent of Americans said they would at least "probably" vote to reelect Trump in 2020. A majority (52 percent) said they would at least "probably" vote for someone else. While just 18 percent said they would "definitely" vote for Trump, 38 percent said they would "definitely" vote against him.

Then a strong alternate candidate needs to be found to lock on those 52% probablys. Sanders and Clinton are as dead to me as Trump and please god not Oprah. Not because she is a female , not because she is black but because she is cut from the same cloth as Trump. Little experience and expects people to be yes people.

Its easier to rule people out than in. Ask again after the mid-terms and people start positioning. But keep Booker in mind

Wait, I thought trey gowdy was the best? He seems to disagree with trump. Now what trumpers?

DYgw8RjW4AEXLro.jpg

Its still quite some time out , but assuming Trump makes it to polling day

And even one of Trump's better polls — from NBC News and the Wall Street Journal — showed that just 36 percent of Americans said they would at least "probably" vote to reelect Trump in 2020. A majority (52 percent) said they would at least "probably" vote for someone else. While just 18 percent said they would "definitely" vote for Trump, 38 percent said they would "definitely" vote against him.

Then a strong alternate candidate needs to be found to lock on those 52% probablys. Sanders and Clinton are as dead to me as Trump and please god not Oprah. Not because she is a female , not because she is black but because she is cut from the same cloth as Trump. Little experience and expects people to be yes people.

Its easier to rule people out than in. Ask again after the mid-terms and people start positioning. But keep Booker in mind
The worst outcome for the Dems would be someone like Booker winning the nomination.

They need someone with at last a perception of a proven track record that can punch back without going full Trump. For many Booker would be a choice between the devil you know and someone easily smeared by the Republican hate machine.

At this stage I don't see anyone other than Joe Biden having both the skills & political capital to take on Trump.

Trump I reckon will be primaried too. I'm hoping Nikki Haley goes at him. She could win and she could change US politics forever.

The worst outcome for the Dems would be someone like Booker winning the nomination.

They need someone with at last a perception of a proven track record that can punch back without going full Trump. For many Booker would be a choice between the devil you know and someone easily smeared by the Republican hate machine.

At this stage I don't see anyone other than Joe Biden having both the skills & political capital to take on Trump.

Trump I reckon will be primaried too. I'm hoping Nikki Haley goes at him. She could win and she could change US politics forever.
Might be a discussion for another thread , but I see Biden as too old. Plus I am informed he has his issues dating back 30 years. I think you need a point of difference. Vitality , fitness (physical and political) and a lack of scandal.

Might leave this until after the mid-terms and start a thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be a discussion for another thread , but I see Biden as too old. Plus I am informed he has his issues dating back 30 years. I think you need a point of difference. Vitality , fitness (physical and political) and a lack of scandal.
Biden's point of difference is competency & people knowing his background.

It doesn't matter who the Dems put up, the right-wing hate machine could cast Jesus himself as the devil's spawn. The media with the biggest reach in the US now are central to this hate propaganda machine so it's inevitable. If they can convince their audience that the countries biggest news agency isn't part of the mainstream then they can convince them of anything. That's why they need someone who is a known quantity so a lot of the shit won't stick.

Might leave this until after the mid-terms and start a thread
Success in the mid-terms will be a double-edge sword for the Dems.

If they slaughter Republicans in those elections then I reckon people will start lining up to take on Trump. That fight will be more interesting than the Dems race for a replacement. That would suit Biden.

hahaha sure.
If they had even the slightest whiff of impropriety it would already be out there.

He has got zero

I linked a podcast featuring a former US Attorney. Even he was unwilling to speculate about what was actually happening.

His main point was that you don’t ignore what you find, even if you’re looking for something else.

They could have the thread of other unrelated criminality that they are following. Or they could have nothing. Or they could have exactly what they were looking for but it needs more work than originally planned.

Definite statements are not possible.

Checks out Brennan's timeline, scratches head about how this could be considered a "strange reaction".
Brennan consistently calls out Trump, Nimrod Nunes and other morons for their BS.
Well played, John. :thumbsu:
Did Power just shine light on Brennan as being Obama’s hit man?

John Brennan was a career CIA official who voted for the communist party in 1980. He was also a 2008 Obama adviser when he was caught hacking into State Department passport records. After the 2012 Benghazi attack, Brennan was moved into the position of CIA Director to cover and tamp-down any issues that might arise (he made everyone sign NDA’s). As CIA Director Brennan was also caught hacking Senate computers to monitor the Senate Intelligence Committee. He apologized.

Perhaps more disturbing was Samantha Power’s response.

I linked a podcast featuring a former US Attorney. Even he was unwilling to speculate about what was actually happening.

His main point was that you don’t ignore what you find, even if you’re looking for something else.

They could have the thread of other unrelated criminality that they are following. Or they could have nothing. Or they could have exactly what they were looking for but it needs more work than originally planned.

Definite statements are not possible.

Was an interesting podcast.

Why? You realise McCabe was fired for the same crime that Flynn is presently facing jail time for? Stop with the partisanship! #cognitivedissonance
Flynn plead guilty.

Let me know when they charge and convict McCabe. He's going to take them to court and they will settle. The fact they tried to do it at 10pm on a Friday night tells you all you need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back