Player Watch #5 Jack Ross

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be a purely inside player, not a great link up player and a pretty ordinary kick inside 50.
Yep - get him in the guts - let him crack in and bash it forward - we have enough finesse on the outside. Best thing when a player is low on confidence is to keep it simple and bring it back to their wheelhouse

Yep - get him in the guts - let him crack in and bash it forward - we have enough finesse on the outside. Best thing when a player is low on confidence is to keep it simple and bring it back to their wheelhouse

He isn't getting a run in the guts with cotchin, prestia etc. And without them bolton , baker etc. Look better..

Shouldn't be anywhere near the team at present but do feel sorry for him. Genuinely amazing how bad we have handled his development. Started with pulling him from the 22 for VFL flag, then deciding he would be better suited to develop in back half and now constantly in and out of the side while not actually being allowed to play due to being the sub most weeks.

Ross showed he could play at this level as an 18/19 year old yet threes on, looks completely lost and constantly second guessing himself and given the way he has been thrown around its not unsurprising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldn't be anywhere near the team at present but do feel sorry for him. Genuinely amazing how bad we have handled his development. Started with pulling him from the 22 for VFL flag, then deciding he would be better suited to develop in back half and now constantly in and out of the side while not actually being allowed to play due to being the sub most weeks.

Ross showed he could play at this level as an 18/19 year old yet threes on, looks completely lost and constantly second guessing himself and given the way he has been thrown around its not unsurprising.
I've previously been a fan (1st year) but this is spot on. I know from a reasonable source that the Ross camp have in the past been filthy at the club for his development (frankly that kind of attitude leaves a sour taste in my mouth but to each their own and whose to say what i might think in their shoes). In any case, i did expect there was a decent chance he wouldnt be at the clib next year, and if he keeps playing like that the club might help him make that decision.

Can all of the Ross fans finally stfu now? He had one touch playing on ball in the first quarter, and now we've had to move him forward.

Every time he plays it's like being a man down. Need to draw a line through him and send him to the Gold Coast ffs.
The team got ross river fever .

just send him back to the reserves and develop him to be a Prestia clone - or bust.

he will only ever be 1 type of player, he has no other role he can move to. Its Prestia or bust for him now

It's the opposite to most with Ross. Needs a really good stint at VFL purely on-ball. No ******* around throwing him all over the field. ON. BALL.
He looks like he has no idea what he's doing out there atm, like he's confused as to where to run and what to do. Get him dominating VFL games. Not notching up a tidy 25 disposals but owning the midfield, then give him another crack. Right now it's pointless.

I've previously been a fan (1st year) but this is spot on. I know from a reasonable source that the Ross camp have in the past been filthy at the club for his development (frankly that kind of attitude leaves a sour taste in my mouth but to each their own and whose to say what i might think in their shoes). In any case, i did expect there was a decent chance he wouldnt be at the clib next year, and if he keeps playing like that the club might help him make that decision.
sometimes its nobodies fault players dont improve/peak as a big gawky juni0r/or some arnt crafty enough/arnt fast enff etc etc jack would be an awsum top level country or suburban gun. i love the way he moves but he is a slower, stronger and less silky version of corey ellis at similar stages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back