50 metre penalty stupidity

Remove this Banner Ad

Didak Wine

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2009
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ridiculous punishments handed out for no ******* good reason. Should be 15 because they are so poorly adjudicated or just get rid of these rules about standing the mark and not moving. Just the worst thing in the game. The player kicking the ball can move but the man on the mark must stand still. Such utter utter nonsense. So much that is wrong with the game is self inflicted.

Remonstrating. That's another one. An umpire can make the worst decision ever and no one can be human and question it. Your asking players to play without emotion. Just a joke. So easy to change all this. How is this helping the game.

Simple.
Remove it all together.
Get rid of the stupid rules which trigger a fifty.
Get rid of the umpires ability to randomly swing games unquestioned.
Get rid of even the mention of umpire respect round.
Seen and not heard.
Shut the umpires up and get on the with game

Top thread. 10/10. Would read again...

I like the stand rule. I don't have a problem with 50m penalties.
If my team gives one away, I get pissed at the player for stuffing up, not the ump for applying the rules that every player knows and has to abide by.

Simple.
Remove it all together.
Get rid of the stupid rules which trigger a fifty.
Get rid of the umpires ability to randomly swing games unquestioned.
Get rid of even the mention of umpire respect round.
Seen and not heard.
Shut the umpires up and get on the with game
So your side gets a free kick, opposition player has the ball at the time and kicks the ball 30m away, in the time taken to retrieve the ball it gives the opposition time to get back in position for the free.

All good with that?

Ridiculous punishments handed out for no ******* good reason. Should be 15 because they are so poorly adjudicated or just get rid of these rules about standing the mark and not moving. Just the worst thing in the game. The player kicking the ball can move but the man on the mark must stand still. Such utter utter nonsense. So much that is wrong with the game is self inflicted.

Remonstrating. That's another one. An umpire can make the worst decision ever and no one can be human and question it. Your asking players to play without emotion. Just a joke. So easy to change all this. How is this helping the game.
It can't go back to 15, because that's what it was and it ended up that all sides were prepared to concede it as a tactical ploy.

I just want the 10M protected area changed back to you either interfere with the kicker or you don't.
This giving 50m for blokes just running down the ground is ridiculous.

If it was 15 metres there would be 100 in a game as it will be used as a tool to slow the game down just as it was used in the 80's which is why it became 50
25 meters then. But we need to look at these infringements. I mean it is ok for a player to run off the mark and the man on the mark can not sideway step, i mean side way step, not encroach but maintain the same line. how can it be ok for one and not the other. WHo was it bothering that they could side step. Two years ago, the protected area became thier focus. Now, players can get really close to the kicker and if the kicker is unaware what is behind him he can be tackled and holding the ball. You can't make this stuff up. \

The other pet hate i have is deliberate out of bounds. Seriously, a kick out of trouble is not a deliberate out of bounds. So many players fake the deliberate, we all know it, and they are all thrown back in. Someone kicks a ball out of trouble, no one is near it, it trickles over the line, deliberate. It has come to be interpreted as, a kick to space that goes out is deliberate, a kick to space that doesnt go out of bounds is in their minds a deliberate attempt that failed. I mean, what a joke. How does anyone know what the player's intention is. Kicking to space and clearing danger is now lost to the game. It can cost you a game. Years ago, the kick would bounce near the line and would be applauded. There should be a limit, beyond 20 metres, it can not be deliberate out of bounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back