VFL Past #59: Aaron Heppell - Called time on his VFL career

Remove this Banner Ad

I watch a lot of vfl and have not seen Eades show "plenty of signs" my biggest worry with Eades is he is soft. Heppell has improved immensely, maybe Eades can too if he has the desire.
Really? He's got speed, crumbing ability and something so many of our smalls lack. Forward sense.

Really? He's got speed, crumbing ability and something so many of our smalls lack. Forward sense.

Fumbles too much for mine. It is highly unlikely that everyone drafted last year will make it. At this stage i think Eades needs to be a lot cleaner at ground level to be even close to making it.

Fumbles too much for mine. It is highly unlikely that everyone drafted last year will make it. At this stage i think Eades needs to be a lot cleaner at ground level to be even close to making it.
He and Morgan are the pair I'm most skeptical on but I still think he's shown enough recently.

good to hear Ash Brown VFL operations manager talk about Heppell and his fantastic season so far. Says AFL teams will be keeping a close eye on him.

good to hear Ash Brown VFL operations manager talk about Heppell and his fantastic season so far. Says AFL teams will be keeping a close eye on him.
Im good mates with Aaron, i certainly hope he gets an opportunity at Elite level

Yeah we are 100% going to rookie him, so long as no one else picks him up first.
The Merrett boys, the Heppell brothers and the Parish family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon he will be rookied. After the success with walla we will look to our VFL team again. Keeping in mind a lot of people said walla wouldn't be rookied. Some players make it at the next level. Hep has the work rate and determination to do so

VFL Dons' B&f and back pocket in team of the year,could surely do worse than have him in a rookie spot... Thoughts?

Hope we pick him and Holmes up because otherwise Egan will get them for Melbourne almost guaranteed
Both deserve a shot but would hate to lose Holmes in particular. Don't think it's out of the equation that we or another team take him via the national draft.

I saw that he was named back pocket in the VFL team of the year but seemed to be playing in the middle when I watched a few of the games towards the end of the season.

Could he be viewed as a potential replacement for Baguley? Bags is still best-22 and well respected among the playing group but he turns 30 in May next season. We don't have an obvious replacement among our younger contingent.

I saw that he was named back pocket in the VFL team of the year but seemed to be playing in the middle when I watched a few of the games towards the end of the season.

Could he be viewed as a potential replacement for Baguley? Bags is still best-22 and well respected among the playing group but he turns 30 in May next season. We don't have an obvious replacement among our younger contingent.
Dea is his replacement.

IMO Dea will replace Dempsey. Kelly is also replacing Hibberd.
Dea's better when locking down on the smalls. His kicking and speed isn't penetrating enough IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back